Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching to no avail..

Does any manufacture make a better inside wheel well? Is that the correct term? Inner fender? You know, the POS plastic one that rubbed 3" of paint off the inside of my hood. Am I the only one that would pay a few hundred bucks to replace it with something with sustanance?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I doubt it.
Put some weatherstriping or something on your hood where it meets the fender liner. Personally i think its the perfect material, light, flexible, quiet, & doesn't rust. O would you prefer some thing heavy, dent/bendable, noisy & corroding/rusting? Mine rubs also.

·
5,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I tried searching to no avail..

Does any manufacture make a better inside wheel well? Is that the correct term? Inner fender? You know, the POS plastic one that rubbed 3" of paint off the inside of my hood. Am I the only one that would pay a few hundred bucks to replace it with something with sustanance?
If the wheel tub was metal it would have worn a hole through the hood. If your going off roading I would get steel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hadn't really thought of the weight savings, I just like a car thats made out of something real. AND, I like a car that I don't have to modify with foam tape to keep my paint on the metal. Some Carbon Fiber inserts would be nice.. and fun to watch how the material stands up to all those rocks.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I noticed the beginnings of a worn spot and put electrical tape on the underside of the hood.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Everyone...and I mean everyone in a very literal sense...everyone that gets a look under my hood is very shocked to see these are made of plastic. I tell them its to save weight. It's never bothered me until ppl started making comments. I'm over it though...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
flimsy

they ARE PRETTY FLIMSY !!! lean on it while you try to do something !!!!!!!!

i'm not talking sitting on it ________ JUST leaning in > trying to do something and mine CRACKED!!!!!!!! they are sorta cheap - weak !
yes no rust is GREAT but justa lil more substance !!!!! doesn't seem like much to ask-----

1 - 9 of 9 Posts