Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Does it sound like I got taken? [merged dupe threads]

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  mceb 
#1 ·
How many people placed an order on April 15th at 2pm in person at your dealership? And have you taken delivery or recived a delivery date?

I was the only person standing in my local dealership at 1:30pm, and working with a salesman to get my order sumited I recived a time stamp of 2:33 pm that my order was accepted. I was contacted by my dealer on Aug 13th to finlize my order. I was told I was getting the second solstice to arrive at the dealer. Someone else who was not in the dealship was getting the signature series.
Were you not to be thier in person when you car was ordered? Or were orders taken in advance ? It would have been nice to know this.

Thanks for any replys on this topic. :banghead: :confused:

#2 ·
sounds like another person is getting screwed by their dealer. :brentil: i am sorry to say... :(

#3 ·
mbwt said:
How many people placed an order on April 15th at 2pm in person at your dealership? And have you taken delivery or recived a delivery date?

I was the only person standing in my local dealership at 1:30pm, and working with a salesman to get my order sumited I recived a time stamp of 2:33 pm that my order was accepted. I was contacted by my dealer on Aug 13th to finlize my order. I was told I was getting the second solstice to arrive at the dealer. Someone else who was not in the dealship was getting the signature series.
Were you not to be thier in person when you car was ordered? Or were orders taken in advance ? It would have been nice to know this.

Thanks for any replys on this topic. :banghead: :confused:
The rules did state that you should be there in person, but the dealer is really the only on who could enforce this rule. And it isn't really in their best interests to turn away customers. ;)

A lot of dealers took deposits before April 15th, and then allowed their customers to phone in what their Apprentice registration number was. I know that my dealer had something like 8 people who wanted an EOP car, but mceb and I were the only ones to show up in person. The rest phoned or faxed in their registration numbers.

I missed out on the first 1000 because of the computer problems that day (it was a total lottery, really), but mceb and another not-present-at-the-time gentleman got in. Such is the luck of the draw.

Well, if you are first in line at your dealer for a regular production car, your wait shouldn't be too much longer. I believe most if not all of the First 1000 are produced, with some of them already delivered and the rest in transit or getting ready to ship. So the plant should begin production of regular models soon, if they haven't already.

Hope this explanation helps! :)

#4 ·
You were supposed to be at the dealers. I was at mine, but they were placing up to 20 orders that had deposits in, all showed up that day but didnt stick around for the actual time. I decided to stick around. Despite being there first and waiting, given the computer glitches, I was second into the entry system by my dealer as they had about 6 staff trying to all enter at once. It was a real panic. Next you would have received verification calls from EOP headquarters, qualifying you as a non GM employee and such. Letters and gifts followed... then the wait for a VIN.

Sounds like something went awry... Have you called EOP? Lots of research and process information here in the forum. Isn't it kind of late to be wondering about this??

#5 ·
Does it sound like I got taken?

Thanks for any replys on this topic. :cuss: :cuss: Does it sound like I got taken?

#6 ·
mbwt said:

Thanks for any replys on this topic. :cuss: :cuss: Does it sound like I got taken?
My understanding was you had to produce the documentation from YAHOO and order in person at 2 P.M. on the 15th. If I were you I would question the dealer. Also on the 15th you should have been given some doocumentation That is what my dealer did gor me. Of course I am still awaiting delivery. But I have received my window sticke and hoping for delivery late this week, early next week. Vin # 269 Mysterious, Power package, Convenience package, polished wheels ABS LSD.

#7 ·
Does it sound like I got taken.

I did receive an email from my saleman with my order confirmation and time stamp on it but I don't think that matters. The inventory manager was trying to place an order for an invisible customer at the same time. I have a few calls to GM and am waiting and waiting and waiting. I asked for the order conf. for the person getting my car. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for your reply.
mbwt

#8 ·
mbwt said:
I did receive an email from my saleman with my order confirmation and time stamp on it but I don't think that matters. The inventory manager was trying to place an order for an invisible customer at the same time. I have a few calls to GM and am waiting and waiting and waiting. I asked for the order conf. for the person getting my car. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for your reply.
mbwt
I dont have the number since Im not a F1K ..but call the EOP HQ and ask them. You can search for the number. Good luck.

#9 · (Edited)
do a search on this site for the EOP guidelines sent to the dealers for the EOP rules.
the GM servers were inundated with orders when the EOP opened. look at the time stamps for the 1st 1000 in excelsior's VIN list. i guarantee that most of those who got a 1st 1000 were refreshing their page from the instant the EOP severs opened until they recieved a confirmation. in effect, it became a lottery among registered participants, and some were luckier than others. if you did not get an EOP car, you should have been 'wait-listed' wich would give you a priority on a first allocation car if you decided to order it at that time.
my timestamp was 2:33 also so the time sounds right, but there was a time frame in which you had to actually order the car, give a deposit and get a VOM in the system. it doesn't sound like you completed the process.
your dealer will take your order now, but i wouldn't expect to 'move up' in queue at this late date because of an EOP issue.

#10 ·
Something isn't right if you have a 2:33 time stamp that should have gotten you into the first 1000. The fact that you haven't gotten any of the gifts or communication from EOP HQ says you didn't get into the first 1000. I take it you thought you were a first 1000 all this time? Maybe you didn't take into account the time zone depending on where you are and were too late. Sounds like some misscommunication between you and your dealer.

#11 ·
you didn't mention bringing in or faxing in the Apprentice reg #. If you did, I think you got taken and should pursue it :yesnod:

#12 ·
If you were first 1000 you would have been contacted by GM several times via phone and received several gifts via FedEx over the summer. If none of this happened to you then you are not first 1000 and are 'regular allocation'.

You did not have to be in person on 4/15. At my dealership they had several sales guys trying for buyers not there in person. Buyers had faxed or called in their Apprentice registration #.

If your order had gotten through it would have been tied to your name and # so don't think there was a way to give it to someone else. They should have made it clear before you left on the 15th where you stood.

At this point you need to figure out where you stand in the regular allocation pool, how many are they getting outside first 1000 and what number are you. Get your order number from them (VOM #) and cadillaccricket can look you up to see your status.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.