Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just renewed my MajorGuard warranty for another 3/36k, and I was wondering if cracking of the black plastic in the wheel wells is covered. I know that I could ask my local dealership, but I've found you guys to be MUCH more reliable. While I'm at it, how about the velcro tabs on the convertible.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
If you can and do replace the wheel wells, go with good ones...OEM stuff. They are real easy to do. I would skip the dealer, and do it myself, but that's me. I bought cheaper wheel wells for like 60.00 for the pair. They look okay, but I had to do some extensive work with a heat gun to get them to "fit" right. As far as the Velcro goes, I have it too and would like someone who knows more to weigh in. Is it supposed to be there? What's the deal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can and do replace the wheel wells, go with good ones...OEM stuff. They are real easy to do. I would skip the dealer, and do it myself, but that's me. I bought cheaper wheel wells for like 60.00 for the pair. They look okay, but I had to do some extensive work with a heat gun to get them to "fit" right. As far as the Velcro goes, I have it too and would like someone who knows more to weigh in. Is it supposed to be there? What's the deal?
Thanks for your input! Yeah that velcro sucks! I don't understand why they just didn't go with stainless snaps (buttons). If my warranty covers the wheel wells than I might as well put the warranty to work for me. I would hope that they'd use OEM to replace them, especially since the work would be done @ a GM dealership. Thanks again! I'll post when the job is done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts