Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Im in the second allocation since I order last weekend. However I see how some people are waiting a long long time, those people are in the first allocation. However with the good news of things stepping up does that mean that the wait period for the second allocation people will be faster than those of the first? Also what about dealer size? My dealer is John Keadys which is in the quad citties in Iowa and it is one of the biggest if not biggest in the area. Is that good news? My sales manager thinks I can get it by May or around that time give or take.

·
Registered
264 Posts
1st in 2nd allocation

As 1st in my dealers 2nd allocation, my order placed mid-October just got accepted today by GM! Dealer thinks maybe January delivery. So I would be happy with February. Good luck. :lurk:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Tuxford brings up a question you need to have answered with specifics by your dealer. Your order is # what if there second allocation of # how many cars? they should know by now how many cars they are allocated in the second 4 month period, how many they already have allocated of that group. I have heard too many others on this forum who have been told they are in a dealer's allocation, but their number in line was larger than their dealer's allocation number.

The waiting period is a separate story. The first allocation waiting period began with the first available oder date on April 15. Production of the First 1000 did not begin until mid-July. The beginning of that production was slow and had to ramp up to present levels. then we have the QC holds. Second allocation SHOULD be more straight forward, and production should increase with the addition of a third shift, coming after the beginning of 2006.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tuxford said:
As 1st in my dealers 2nd allocation, my order placed mid-October just got accepted today by GM! Dealer thinks maybe January delivery. So I would be happy with February. Good luck. :lurk:

From the sound of that...seems like I should be ok, or at least I hope. I read so many different things and I trying to find something to cling on to as hope! I'll take your quote as an indication my hope comes true!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha this site is addicting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MSRP what MSRP

jmboge said:
HELP!! Just an f.y.i., I'm new to the Solstice search, called local dealer and was advised they had 2 in stock, jumped in my car and called him to tell him to get it ready, I was on my way, only to be told that we would be negoitating the price, what???? yes we're asking 10k over msrp!
go figure... is this what I should expect? somebody please help me!!!
thanks
:willy:

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you didn't order it in advance, you should expect it. There is price gouging going on all over the place because the market value is so much above MSRP. I've already had some amazing offers for my car which isn't even in the dealers lot yet!

·
2,574 Posts
SmokinSolstice said:
Hahaha this site is addicting.
Make sure you are getting accurate information from your dealer. If he's a big dealer as you suggest he probably gets a healthy allocation. However, he may also have a lot of committments for those cars. You need to be sure that your position within his allocation is what he tells you it is and that it doesn't change for the worse. (someone could make it worth his while to cut ahead of yours) G.M. has no problem with dealers shuffling the priority of their orders until it's time for them to start preferencing. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got an anwer from another Dealer, I asked him what the asking price will be, here is his answer :
There are so many people that want this car, we are not sure how to price it. We are thinking about a silent auction. I will let you know when the car is here.
Guess I'm dead in the water, or should I say dead in the parking lot.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
jmboge said:
Just got an anwer from another Dealer, I asked him what the asking price will be, here is his answer :
There are so many people that want this car, we are not sure how to price it. We are thinking about a silent auction. I will let you know when the car is here.
Guess I'm dead in the water, or should I say dead in the parking lot.
Well, 10K over MSRP is WAY on the high side. Since he said We're asking, that means the price is negotiable. You should be able to get him down to 5K over MSRP, maybe even 3K. But search for other dealers, even if 500 miles away, you might find one with an unclaimed car coming in soon for MSRP or close to it. Could save you a lot of heartache AND cash! Good luck.

PS: I paid 3K over, and I gave my deposit back on Feb 8.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
birdliver said:
Make sure you are getting accurate information from your dealer. If he's a big dealer as you suggest he probably gets a healthy allocation. However, he may also have a lot of committments for those cars. You need to be sure that your position within his allocation is what he tells you it is and that it doesn't change for the worse. (someone could make it worth his while to cut ahead of yours) G.M. has no problem with dealers shuffling the priority of their orders until it's time for them to start preferencing. ;)
Upon talking to him, Im good. He says he will make sure everything gets done and no one cuts me out.

·
2,574 Posts
SmokinSolstice said:
Upon talking to him, Im good. He says he will make sure everything gets done and no one cuts me out.
There you go. That's probably the best you can have to go by. If he is the honest dealer that you need you'll be all set. They're out there you just have to find them and then be patient. You will save a lot of money when all is said and done. ;)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya the wait is hard...its barely been a week!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Been waiting 7 months and going bonkers!!!! :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Solstice in GM year end discount plan??

gizmo2004 said:
Well, 10K over MSRP is WAY on the high side. Since he said We're asking, that means the price is negotiable. You should be able to get him down to 5K over MSRP, maybe even 3K. But search for other dealers, even if 500 miles away, you might find one with an unclaimed car coming in soon for MSRP or close to it. Could save you a lot of heartache AND cash! Good luck.

PS: I paid 3K over, and I gave my deposit back on Feb 8.

According to the AP yesterday the Solstice was specifically identified as a vehicle to be included in GMs soon to be announced discount plan to spur sales.
Doesn't make sense to me, but that's what it said!!!

·
5,641 Posts
$$ISKING said:
According to the AP yesterday the Solstice was specifically identified as a vehicle to be included in GMs soon to be announced discount plan to spur sales.
Doesn't make sense to me, but that's what it said!!!
Do you have a link to the story? I Googled and read several AP stories and none listed the Solstice as a specific vehicle that was eligible. The stories all used the words "some" and "most" and had price examples for an Envoy and LaCrosse.

The Solstice is not included in the Red Tag Event formula pricing plan.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Do you have a link to the story? I Googled and read several AP stories and none listed the Solstice as a specific vehicle that was eligible. The stories all used the words "some" and "most" and had price examples for an Envoy and LaCrosse.

The Solstice is not included in the Red Tag Event formula pricing plan.
It was an AP story in my local paper with a picture of the Solstice. I'll try & get a link or even post a photo (new event for me).

·
5,641 Posts
$$ISKING said:
It was an AP story in my local paper with a picture of the Solstice. I'll try & get a link or even post a photo (new event for me).

I have noticed a lot of press stories are using Solstice plant pictures lately. Must just be grabbing the newest photo in the gallaries that are available to them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Small Dealer said:
I have noticed a lot of press stories are using Solstice plant pictures lately. Must just be grabbing the newest photo in the gallaries that are available to them.
http://www.putfile.com/gtalomie

I tried to put picture of article in a Putfile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts