Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Dura Convertibles, a division of Collins and Aikman filling for bankruptsy protection on the 16th of may can we expect delays in production.

I know orgionally the target was to produce 5,000 cars by the end of august is that still a realistic target?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
My guess is that the protection filing if for continuation of business will have little effect. See Trump Industries, US Airways, etc business as usual. If it was for cessation of business that would create a larger ripple.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Business as usual and they pay off debts a fraction on the dollar. Process takes a long time, I think we are good (for short-term).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Will not be a problem

I work for Collins & Aikman and several of my co-workers are working on the Dura convertable top for the Solstice. I have discussed both the "Fit Issues" as well as the overall design and timing. It sounds like Collins & Aikman is fully designed for this top and ready to rock and roll.

As far as the Collins & Aikman business plan....there is and will be no impact to our customers. In fact, if you check our stock on the Pink Sheets you will see that the stock has actually been rising in price. (CKCR.PK)

Collins & Aikman is merely feeling the pain from some past mistakes. We are now re-aligning ourselves for a strong future.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
By declaring bankruptcy, they are really just protecting themselves from creditors trying to collect on their mounting debt. It shouldn’t immediately affect their day to day operations. In the long run, I suspect they will take moves to cut their operating costs as part of the receivership, but that is nothing to worry about in the short term.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
keep dreaming

I know of six suppliers that have hundreds of thousands of dollars pending prior to the majical may 16th date and i also know that all of them are refusing delivery until payment terms are aggreed on. Some of this is tooling dollars but not all, some of it is pob expedited orders, i think this will get interesting

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
george_stenbeck said:
I know of six suppliers that have hundreds of thousands of dollars pending prior to the majical may 16th date and i also know that all of them are refusing delivery until payment terms are aggreed on. Some of this is tooling dollars but not all, some of it is pob expedited orders, i think this will get interesting
How does that explain all the saleable buld cars that have already been built? GM had a big show at the factory where people could check out some of the early build cars which were built with production spec parts. They must have delivered those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those where pob build vechiles, many of the production sources where kicked off late and where forced to simulate production using similar process for the pob builds, take the 1 bow for example, should be cast complete with little machining, most of the pob parts where machined from block. i could list part after part but i wont give myself away. there are less than 500 cars built, of those only 350 +/- 50 are saleable. After that their are no more tops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts