Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Is there any place that will rent tools and space for you to work on your own cars in Socal near SGV? I'm looking for a place like that to make working on my car easier. I sometimes need specialty tools or run into a problem which always makes the work longer than I expected. It would be even better if they have a lift and other equipment. Something like a self-serve garage or DIY garage. Any info would be very helpful.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
WOW!! If they have a lift for you to use, their rates have to be astronomical!! (or they would be in Michigan) Due to insurance costs! They have to have a HUGE liability package if they have a hoist. I sell software to dealers now and ALL dealers must have an RO written on the car before it leaves the service drive for insurance purposes....

·
Registered
272 Posts
the one I heard of was called "Your Dream Garage Auto Shop" In Baldwin Park, Never been there so Idk whats the rates or how it works, hope it helps tho

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ghost what type of software do you sell?

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Ghost what type of software do you sell?
I work for a company called Infomedia (IFM North America). We are the makers of Microcat and Microcat LIVE (internet based version you can access anywhere with internet). We're a global company that specializes in electronic parts catalogs for almost everything. We have an appliance catalog in Austrailia, we have Toyoda Fork Lifts here in the states, but our primary focus is the auto industry. We sell a variety of products. We have the following:

Electronic online Parts Catalog (Microcat LIVE):
Ford/Lincoln and Medium duty truck
Chrysler (JDR)
Toyota
Hyundai
JLR

Auto Parts Bridge (APB) - a Toyota parts wholesale program for body shops

Superservice Menus / Superservice Triage - a menu pricing guide for the top 300 repairs that a normal OE dealership would see with actual parts and labor pricing, as well as all of the parts required to do that specific repair. It can be as simple as brakes or as complicated as a head gasket or waterpump..LOL. It also include an electronic Multi Point inspection that uses an alert system to notify the SA, techs and parts when it's their turn to sell, price or complete the job. This stops a lot of the wasted time for the techs standing around at the parts counter and running around between all of the above people. It's a MAJOR time saver because the electronic multi point prices all of those repairs and presents it to the advisor with just a click of the button. We have it for the following OEs:

Chrysler (JDR)
GM
Toyota
JLR
Hyundai

Now that I just sounded like an advertisement..... :willy: Sorry about that! LOL. I went into my "selling" mode...LOL:leaving: This is why I know so many part numbers and what parts and labor it's going to take to do specific jobs....... :thumbs:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Most military bases have an auto skills center like you're describing with tools, lifts, air, even some have paint booths. Find a buddy on active duty, and have him go with you to camp Pendleton. They have a really nice auto center.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, after digging a little I actually found a place called " Your Dream Garage " I went to check them out last weekend and maybe do my brakes. I tell you what, this place is legit. I rented a bay with a lift for an hour with no problems what so ever. This place has every tool you can imagine. From tire mounting machines to hand and air tools to high end scan tools... The place is clean, well lit and easy to get to. If you are in or around the Los Angeles area and need a place to work on your car, you cant beat this place... I told the guys there I would spread the word for them so here is a shameless plug on their behalf.. Check them out @ urdreamgarage.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts