Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all,

Just letting everyone know I am parting ways with my supercharged V8 coupe. It is being auctioned off at the Russo and Steele event in Scottsdale in mid-January with all proceeds going to the Phoenix Children's Hospital.

As most of you know, the car is incredible and I have enjoyed every second of ownership. I am ready to get into a new project and also need a bit more space, even in a second car, as it is just so hard to find time to drive it with 3 kids, school pickups, soccer practice, etc.

I'll stay in touch on the boards and see what amazing things continue to happen with these rare cars. I listed the car with no reserve, so we'll see what it goes for. I hope as much as possible for the sake of the hospital.

Thanks to all for the guidance, suggestions, thoughts and opinions as I built up my car these past 3-4 years. Also, thanks so much to Dave at Werks for his fantastic work on the car -- first as the turbo work, and then on the crazy V8 build. I'm driving it a lot lately as the clock ticks toward the auction and it is just so well put together. Still no CELs since last springs delivery.

If you know someone who may want a pretty special Solstice, direct them to R&S and let them have a go.

New project is underway as we speak.

Happy Holidays,
S

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hey, all,

Just letting everyone know I am parting ways with my supercharged V8 coupe. It is being auctioned off at the Russo and Steele event in Scottsdale in mid-January with all proceeds going to the Phoenix Children's Hospital.

As most of you know, the car is incredible and I have enjoyed every second of ownership. I am ready to get into a new project and also need a bit more space, even in a second car, as it is just so hard to find time to drive it with 3 kids, school pickups, soccer practice, etc.

I'll stay in touch on the boards and see what amazing things continue to happen with these rare cars. I listed the car with no reserve, so we'll see what it goes for. I hope as much as possible for the sake of the hospital.

Thanks to all for the guidance, suggestions, thoughts and opinions as I built up my car these past 3-4 years. Also, thanks so much to Dave at Werks for his fantastic work on the car -- first as the turbo work, and then on the crazy V8 build. I'm driving it a lot lately as the clock ticks toward the auction and it is just so well put together. Still no CELs since last springs delivery.

If you know someone who may want a pretty special Solstice, direct them to R&S and let them have a go.

New project is underway as we speak.

Happy Holidays,
S
That is awesome, and what a great cause! Will hate to see you go. Hope the buyer is a member of this forum or one of the others. I'd love to bid, but I'd be homeless afterwards. Good luck!

Got any links to the auction site?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Really cool!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
3,440 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Agree also but if it is anything like Barrett Jackson it will go for a lot higher than what the car is really worth.
That is very good for the charity in most cases.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hope your Coupe does better then the last two Mallett's that sold at auction. They only went for 27K each. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That listing will be updated with new photos and the charitable donation text. No idea what it may go for. All depends on that one (or two) buyers who might be interested.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For such a good cause, hopefully it sells for billions :) Realistically, I think it's probably going to bring around 40K due to economy, hopefully it goes for much more :thumbs:

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is fantastic!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, it is not a traditional charity car with the auction -- I am simply donating 100% of proceeds to PCH. So, the buyer does not get any kind of deduction.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
If that is the case you are a great person, because this could be pretty risky.
Hope there are a couple of buyers that would pay top dollar thus helping the charity.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Just curious, why Russo and Steele? I know there's a few auctions going on that week, including B-J

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Well Done, sbindley:

This is phenomenal build going to a fantastic cause.

Kudos to you, for doing this!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The hospital has a better relationship with R&S the BJ. I have never been to R&S, but have attended the BJ auction many times. I believe the big car people come in go back and forth, depending on the vehicles they are interested in. I believe the fee structure at R&S is much simpler and cheaper as well.

Now, I'd love to find a really good detailer here in the Phoenix area who would donate a great detail for a great cause.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Let me ping someone and see if they have any feedback on that...

1 - 20 of 123 Posts