Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I listed my EOP solstice on Ebay. I really would have liked to keep the car but I have a new baby and my wife just got another ticket and it is just not in my budget. Wait listers don't be mad at me, I couldn't help myself. Besides you will probably have a better chance of getting one on ebay than being picked off the wait list. I hope this doesn't blow up in my face.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey ya go to do what you got to do, family first!
Check to see if your state will refund tax if you sell within 30 days. Someone posted that IL does.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If it's economics and auto insurance, ebay doesn't make sense

You may want to consider contacting the EOP Headquarters and just canceling the order and getting your deposit back. At this stage, there's probably still time to redirect the order to one of the wait listers.

I say this, because in order to sell the car on ebay, you will first have to take delivery, have insurance before you do, and secure financing, and register it in your name (EOP rules). If cash is tight, selling it on ebay means you'll have to have that loan, and change in your insurance, and pay taxes on the car (both for the first sale, and the buyer will have to pay taxes on the sale of the used car).

All in all, the simplest answer is to contact EOP HQ tomorrow and tell them that your circumstances changed. They will almost certainly be able to redirect the car.

Sorry your circumstances changed, but I don't really think ebay is the answer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Listen to the Crimson Avenger. When attempting to make more you'll make less. My dealer started with tryingot get a $10K premium, now down to a $5K premium and he is defeating the purpose. Yours will be technically used, not original owner car and someone will be better off to wait for a regular allocation car at MSRP. You'll spend more time and money than its worth.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
You may even consider talking to your ealer to see if their next in line of normal allocation wants to move up to 1/1000 (for a fee to you of course) keeping in mind that they lose one normal allocation of first 4 months.

·
Registered
763 Posts
No it wont go to a waitlist person now it will go to your dealer as one of their allocation.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The best time to sell your EOP is when the 1st 1000 start to arrive at dealers. The problem now is the wait, once this car hits the showroom/street ther are going to be a lot of people wanting to have one to drive.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Just remember you have to be the person who takes delivery for this car. You can not have another person do it. Once you get it, you can then turn around and sell it to whoever you want.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How to sell a first 1000 car:

1) Run you ad on EBAY, Autotrader, cars.com, etc.
2) Ask for the full delivered price you want, if you have to pay $26K for the car then ask for $29K +. Have buyer with funds ready to go before delivery.
3) Go to the dealer with buyer and make purchase with their funds and have them listed on title with you.
4) Registered the car in your local state; have buyer contact his insurance agent that he is purchasing this car and give VIN information.
5) Remove your tag and have buyer put his temp tag on vehicle.
6) Sign title over to new buyer and notorized bill of sale.
7) Watch new buyer drive off in new Pontiac Solstice.
8) Put extra cash made on deal in bank.

What did I miss here? Make sure the funds provided by buyer are good (cashier's check, bank wire, etc) before releasing the car to them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Delnari said:
How to sell a first 1000 car:

1) Run you ad on EBAY, Autotrader, cars.com, etc.
2) Ask for the full delivered price you want, if you have to pay $26K for the car then ask for $29K +. Have buyer with funds ready to go before delivery.
3) Go to the dealer with buyer and make purchase with their funds and have them listed on title with you.
4) Registered the car in your local state; have buyer contact his insurance agent that he is purchasing this car and give VIN information.
5) Remove your tag and have buyer put his temp tag on vehicle.
6) Sign title over to new buyer and notorized bill of sale.
7) Watch new buyer drive off in new Pontiac Solstice.
8) Put extra cash made on deal in bank.

What did I miss here? Make sure the funds provided by buyer are good (cashier's check, bank wire, etc) before releasing the car to them.

Delnari says "What did I miss here?" I think you forgot to remind the ebayer to first apologize to the forum and the guys that didn't have the $$$ to jump to the head of the line.

I think the forum has forgotten that there aren't EOP police. Since many dealers were so ignorant of the EOP to begin with....why would anyone here think EOP rules are going to be enforced as to titling etc. Is there something that I'm unaware of going on???

·
Registered
763 Posts
how long ago scsolstice? there was a point where that was true but now I believe that has changed.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
2Xphoenix said:
I think the forum has forgotten that there aren't EOP police. ....why would anyone here think EOP rules are going to be enforced as to titling etc. Is there something that I'm unaware of going on???
I wouldn't be so sure about that. EOP headquarters verified all 1000 people, and part of that verification process was to get a copy of each person's driver's license. I don't think it would be that hard for them to close the loop by verifying that upon delivery the cars are registered to that licensed driver. In NJ al least, vehicle title and registration are tied to your driver's license number.

Now, that doesn't mean deliveries of First 1000 cars won't go to someone else, it simply means that GM has the ability to enforce the EOP rules, namely penalizing the dealer by cutting their allocation if they don't enforce the rules regarding delivery. I don't know why a dealer would knowingly participate in one of these "switches" if it would result in them losing one or more of their allocation Solstices. But it is true, there is no way to know how many dealers are too stupid or uninformed to know the consequences of doing this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all!

I went over and over this in my head. I knew that if I missed anything that the forum would let me know. Which you did. I think it is too late to pull the auction because my reserve is already met. I will have to work through the red tape and it may come back to bite me on the butt, but I am willing to take the risk. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out. Thanks again to all for your advice and wishes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yikes!

A wife and kids? No thanks! Even though I'm still in college, my PLAN in life to to live the happy bachelor life until I'm at least 40. I can't see settling for one chick and dirty diapers before that. Then if I want to "settle down", I'll marry a 20 year old hottie, so by the time I'm 50, she'll still be only 30. This is how to do it fellows. Don't be in such a rush to "get a family". You don't need one. Play the field. Live life. Nobody telling you what to do. Just my opinion, so if this does not apply to you, I hope no offense was taken. Later!

·
Registered
511 Posts
CalBear said:
A wife and kids? No thanks! Even though I'm still in college, my PLAN in life to to live the happy bachelor life until I'm at least 40. I can't see settling for one chick and dirty diapers before that. Then if I want to "settle down", I'll marry a 20 year old hottie, so by the time I'm 50, she'll still be only 30. This is how to do it fellows. Don't be in such a rush to "get a family". You don't need one. Play the field. Live life. Nobody telling you what to do. Just my opinion, so if this does not apply to you, I hope no offense was taken. Later!

I Agree
Just turned 48 I still have no need for a wife or kids, I am dating a women in here late 20S, Much more fun then most of my married friends,
Hope to live my life the way I want it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
CalBear said:
No offense, CalBear, but YOUR PLAN is the same as every 18-25 year old male ever born. You may find ya need a Plan "B".

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
CalBear, How do you plan to play catch, soccer or basketball with your kid. Let's see, you'll be 60+ and your kid will be 10. Hmmmm, I think a ten year old will have much more fun with you at 30 or 40 then at 60. I'm having the time of my life with my son and wife. Oh yeah, I'm also in Sunny So. Cal.......Best place to drive the Solstice with my "WIFE" in the passenger seat!

P.S. No offense, just my view.......(marriage also reduces the risk of passing on diseases.....) :yesnod:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
and those of us!

ntouched said:
CalBear, How do you plan to play catch, soccer or basketball with your kid. Let's see, you'll be 60+ and your kid will be 10. Hmmmm, I think a ten year old will have much more fun with you at 30 or 40 then at 60. I'm having the time of my life with my son and wife. Oh yeah, I'm also in Sunny So. Cal.......Best place to drive the Solstice with my "WIFE" in the passenger seat!

P.S. No offense, just my view.......(marriage also reduces the risk of passing on diseases.....) :yesnod:
then there are those of us who are empty nesters now....48/46 with the kids 27/23 already thru college and on their own...enjoyed the soccer, etc....heck paid for college for one of them...now its time to take that hottie I have already and she only gets better.... out in the solstice........so bring it on soon!!!!...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
CalBear said:
True that brother.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts