Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this seems crazy... I've noticed this anytime I take a corner--ahem--too aggressively. I hear the chiming bells, if I take my eyes off the road for a second (not a good time to do so), I see the "door ajar" warning.

I've searched the forums for this problem but not found it. It must be a malfunction, though I can see that in standard mode (non-competition) it might warn that Stabilitrak is taking over. But it's annoying... I don't need to know that.

Any thoughts welcome.

·
Super Moderator
16,396 Posts
If its the door alarm then it sounds like an issue with one of your door latches which sense door position. Give it a good whack!

Or try lubrication?

I need to look at the parts drawing and see what they tell me

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rob. Might have the shop take a look. Main thing is this doesn't sound like a common problem.

·
Registered
433 Posts
OK, this seems crazy... I've noticed this anytime I take a corner--ahem--too aggressively. I hear the chiming bells, if I take my eyes off the road for a second (not a good time to do so), I see the "door ajar" warning.

I've searched the forums for this problem but not found it. It must be a malfunction, though I can see that in standard mode (non-competition) it might warn that Stabilitrak is taking over. But it's annoying... I don't need to know that.

Any thoughts welcome.
Hello Oceansol.

I understand that you feel frustrated with the unique issue you are having with your vehicle. You mentioned you might take it into the dealer. If you like, I can assist you with making the appointment.

Safe travels.

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service

·
Super Moderator
16,396 Posts
Thanks Rob. Might have the shop take a look. Main thing is this doesn't sound like a common problem.
I have never heard of this problem before. Lucky you!

Sorry . . . :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I would first check the trunk latch, to make sure it is set correctly.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Unless you took ESC off completely, it will still warn you if you are at the threshold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts