Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a "search" with no luck and tried to figure out from some of the interior pics but I can't tell whether or not the door armrests are padded?

Now I know you all are saying "....it's a sports car - you keep your left hand on the top of the wheel at all times"; .....but I must admit I'm one who will use the door armrest on a long trip.

So anyway: Padded - Non-Padded??

Also curious, are they covered with material, leather, or just plastic?

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is one of my few major gripes. The door armrest is soft to the touch, but I would hardly call it padding. Also, the center console is HARD plastic. Both tend to hurt the elbows after moderate to long drives. Padded armrests would be an accessory I'd buy in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hmmm If they are padded, I never noticed. My arm usually is not hitting the inside of the door because I tend to drive with both hands a lot. I will look tonight when I go home. But I really do think it is a medium-hard plastic.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I dont remember any padding of substance. I usually rest my arm on the door anyways. I think it gave me tennis elbow doing that. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feedback on Door

Excelsior said:
The sand color part of my doors are a soft plastic/vinyl and the steel parts are hard plastic.

The handle grip is kind of in-between.
Thanks for the look-see info. My wife's Chevy Tracker has a material on it that is like 80-Grit sand paper; not so nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts