Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought an 08’ I’ve always loved this car..!
Cars doors do not lock/unlock from switches or FOB. Must use key in door. Passenger lock does attempt to cycle but doesn’t fully move - just a little, showing me there’s power to the actuator. Not sure if this is related but when door is open (no key, lights not on) the door chime goes off continually like keys are in the ignition
Again I am a solstice newbie, any help is greatly appreciate...!

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
The easiest thing to check is the fuse for the door lock actuators. It could be loose or corroded, so pulling it out and plugging it back in may help. You could also try swapping it with another of the same rating. The fuse is number 26 and is a 15A fuse in the Body Control Module (BCM) under the carpet at the front of the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Probably a couple of things - you say the passenger door "attempts" to move? That sounds like a lack of lubrication or binding. If the driver side doesn't "attempt" to move, that sound like a lack of electricity to it (probably.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Last owner could have left the top down and caught in rain and you have corrosion on plugs
Make sure your battery is good these cars are crazy when the battery isn’t great

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought an 08’ I’ve always loved this car..!
Cars doors do not lock/unlock from switches or FOB. Must use key in door. Passenger lock does attempt to cycle but doesn’t fully move - just a little, showing me there’s power to the actuator. Not sure if this is related but when door is open (no key, lights not on) the door chime goes off continually like keys are in the ignition
Again I am a solstice newbie, any help is greatly appreciate...!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get your problem resolved? Mine is doing the same thing and was wondering what the fix was. Thank you for your response

·
Super Moderator
7,147 Posts
Did you get your problem resolved? Mine is doing the same thing and was wondering what the fix was. Thank you for your response
Welcome to the forum.

Dlancaster has not been on the forum since making those posts 11 montjhs ago, so we may never know how that turned out.

If you can provide some more information someone may be able to give you some direction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had this problem with my driver door. Lock would attempt to move but couldn't quite make it. I had to replace the actuator for $100 or so. Easy job. Door panels are simple to remove.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts