Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum members

I found this little door panel storage pouch on Amazon. It looks good and has a sort of appropriate rerto appearance with its pleated elastic construction. Mind you it's not perfect. For starters it's advertised as luxurious leather (it's not...just vinyl). It's quite small and the double stick tape it comes with is useless. It's also pricey at $28 (if it were real leather, well maybe).
Inspite of all that I'm gonna keep it because I think it looks about right on the solstice. Probably won't get one for the passenger side.

Amazon.com/Car-Organizer-Interior-Registration-Documents/dpB07Q1H3D46

Attachments

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Tell me about your armrest pads. I've considered doing the same for bubbling armrest vinyl.

·
Premium Member
5,266 Posts
Looks nice to me...

·
Premium Member
18,492 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me about your armrest pads. I've considered doing the same for bubbling armrest vinyl.
I wish I could. It (driver side only) was on the car when I bought it. It's held on with heavy duty velcro stuff (as on an ez pass) but there are no ID markings to report. Fits as though it were meant for the car

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,851 Posts
I went down the internet rabbit hole on thos last year and couldn't find one narrow enough which is why i was hoping the OP could shed some light.
Finding one that works for the center console has been equally frustrating.
Still on the hunt :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Finding one that works for the center console
The DDM cupholder console is good on that aspect. Of course with manual cars the cup holders are not as useful as with an automatic, but the console's raised, horizontal surface makes for a more comfortable armrest which you could then add a pad to your liking. Or you could get a bare DDM console and have it upholstered with some foam underneath the leather/vinyl.

·
Premium Member
18,492 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Read through this thread, especially the more recent posts. I purchased a set, but they were way too wide for the arm rest on the door panel and hung off the side. I had the restoration shop that I use make me a pair and they look and fit great.

New version of armrests

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Forum members

I found this little door panel storage pouch on Amazon. It looks good and has a sort of appropriate rerto appearance with its pleated elastic construction. Mind you it's not perfect. For starters it's advertised as luxurious leather (it's not...just vinyl). It's quite small and the double stick tape it comes with is useless. It's also pricey at $28 (if it were real leather, well maybe).
Inspite of all that I'm gonna keep it because I think it looks about right on the solstice. Probably won't get one for the passenger side.

Amazon.com/Car-Organizer-Interior-Registration-Documents/dpB07Q1H3D46
I retract the bit about the double stick tape. It comes with some auxiliary tape that is very sticky and appears to hold well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts