Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone paint the letters { solstic} on your door sill plate , my car is black and i think they would look good red , do they just pop off , or what holds them in place . and if some one has done this , can you post a pic. of it , Thanks Frank

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
You can see pictures in my Punisher thread but yes the door sills lift out. Grab the plastic door sill at the rear and pull up firmly, the clips will release and you can take the unit to your bench to work on it. The aluminum trim piece is glued / taped to the plastic part and is very difficult to remove without damaging it.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Frank - check windrestrictors web site. They have illuminated sill plates (that will one day find a home on my Solstice!)

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
You just pull straight up on them....they will pop off. But do be careful not to bend the chrome inserts.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yes, that whole plastic door sill plate will come off by pulling up, as mentioned. The 2.4 doesn't have the silver insert so you can paint the lettering indentations. Good luck and let's see pics once completed. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts