Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
They look great. I am still waiting for mine!!!!:crying: At least I will see them up close on our Niagara run.>:)
Driver side stuck OK. The passenger side kept lifting off in the same spot on the ring regardless of orientation. I looked at the ring and is was not 100% flat.

I heated it up with a hair dryer whilst pressing it in on the door and that helped it form to the speaker and seemed to active the 3M adhesive better.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Driver side stuck OK. The passenger side kept lifting off in the same spot on the ring regardless of orientation. I looked at the ring and is was not 100% flat.

I heated it up with a hair dryer whilst pressing it in on the door and that helped it form to the speaker and seemed to active the 3M adhesive better.
Great advice. Still waiting on mine. See you tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Got around to installing mine today. Passenger side when on easy. Driver's side was a pain. I now understand why they send you four of them. Two of mine were bent and would not adhere even with heat from hair dryer. Number four went on and seems good. I will check later and if both are in place then I will order another set for the Coupe. How are everyone else's doing? Are they staying in place? I love the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They look great guys. For those who don't want to super glue like I did you may be able to get some other 3M tape to replace what is already there.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Been 24 hours and they are holding in place nicely. Time to order a set for the Coupe

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
mine are installed - had to use glue and hair-dryer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
They look great on your mean Coupe! Amazing mod for $12.00. What type of glue did you use?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
... finally got the 2nd coupe installed...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Looks great Sir WM. Will do my Coupe when I wake her up in the spring.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Got them on both of my babies and are holding up well. Also look great!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I did the small dot method on mine... because I usually have excessive super glue disorder, which would have put the glue ALL over me, the ring and the car! The trim rings that I bought were somewhat bendable, so before the final install, I did several dry/test fittings to get the tightest fit possible.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Somehow I moved the one on the drivers side a bid and now there is som white stuff visible (super glue?).

Now need to figure out how to get rid of that.

- - - - 2 weeks later - - - -

Dang, one of the rings came loose at the bottom. I guess that super glue is not as super it should be:-(

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I am going to order another set for my convertible...

The ebay search is now
Ford Escape Kuga Chrome Door Stereo Speaker Cover Trim Collar Ring

21 - 40 of 46 Posts