Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened while I was sitting a few spaces away in the car. I thought it was a bomb for a split second. Then I looked over and saw the tail end of the car going into the store. :eek:

Nobody was hurt. Twenty people pulled out cell phones to take pics. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ive had some close calls while driving in FL, but nothing like this. :lol:
Hope no one was hurt.

·
4,592 Posts
This guy was having a hard time convincing his wife to let him buy a Solstice, she kept saying no way, your car is fine, then a light bulb went off in his head....the rest is history :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
New car

Actually on the news they said that it was a brand new car - I think a Toyoyta - and that the driver was unfamiliar with the controls!? Did they change the configuration of the gas and brake on the newer models? If so I don't want that option on the SOL. From the pictures it looks like it has a paper plate in the back window. But now they are offering drive thru radio repair. An imprompto drive thru, as we here in Florida have labeled the many of these that we have seen. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The driver was a youngish female. The car was brand new. I'm not sure if she was a new driver or not.

It's just a damn good thing that nobody was in the front of the store or walking on the sidewalk in front of her.

That unfamiliar controls bit is interesting. I guess the brake and the gas were reversed on her last car. :lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Unfamilular controls? Sounds like slang for "I can't drive, never could and never will be able to."

That's really bad how could something like that happen? Unless a car was coming at her and she swerved to miss it. Then I could understand.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My guess is that she tried to hit the brake and hit the gas by mistake. She wasn't going real fast but the car just kept moving.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
unfamiliar controls

Did the car have the infamous third pedal that we are all desirous of and that they don't teach in drivers' ed?

·
5,641 Posts
Now the entire plaza will need to put up posts on the perimeter to keep cars out of the buildings. Will make a nice looking plaza look like a fortress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts