Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's driver side seat won't flip forward. I can't move the lever on the side of the seat and the knob won't turn either. It will slide on the tracks and move with the electric switch. I don't know if something got pinched when she let it back down as she does store shirts and things back there. Any help would be appreciated. This is all I know right now as I didn't have time to look carefully this morning.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good luck

Would move the seat way forward electronically and then fiddle with the back while working the lever at the top/side and it should break loose.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try that. Thanks. The last thing I want to do is take the seat out. I hope the cable hasn't come off inside the seat. I can't imagine trying to get that leather seat cover back on.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
The back seat cover is extremely easy to remove. Just unzip the sides, unclip the clip that runs along the bottom of the seat back (that holds the front face to the back face) and pull up/off. You wont need to get it all the way off to access the mechanism, but if you DO want to, you'll also have to remove the latch handle and trim piece at the top side - they just pull off too.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ToamtoSoup. I hope it is something simple but if it isn't, I might be asking for more help.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Much appreciated. I will get into this today when I get home. I like the attachment. That really helps.

UPDATE. Got it. After looking where the top latches to the bottom seat somehow the zipper by the console wiggled its way out of the seat cover. The zipper itself was smashed between the latch and the bolt. I had to smack the seat and pull on the cable from behind the seat. I finally managed it to pop loose. Thanks Kappa and Tomato for your input. Now the problem is the zipper is shot to hell and it won't move on that side so hopefully I won't ever need to use it.

You guys might want to check on those zippers as they hang just long enough to get caught between the latches when you flip the seat forward. I tucked mine back where they are suppose to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts