Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my sol in for fit problem around the rear seal of top and also the front window gasket.

Dealer called and said we think we got the front gasket alignment taking care of, however they are working with the GM Tech folks on the back end. Dealer thinks the glass maybe shorter than perfect fit on the passenger side.

So folks just in case you may want to look at both glass/top fits as you may have the same issue.

Keep you posted as the investigation continues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
good news no glass size problem...just fit and finish... fixed the front glass with a new front window seal and 6.5 hours of labor.
Fit by the rear door jamb is better but not yet there.

Tech is one of the best at our local dealer and felt he has given his best shot.

He indicated he would order a new seal for the top (rear driver side). Said lets wait to the spring as the car was at the shop for 3 days as they tore the door apart and received the new front windshield seal ( it goes from the bottom of each door around the top ends on the bottom of the other door.
I want to stay on the good side of the techs... they are the ones to fix the oops from the factory.
I can live with the air whistle for another few weeks before the PA sol goes in winter hibernation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts