Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Well I arrived in work and after trying to open my door 3 times the door handle broke.

I pulled the door panel and I need the cable and inside door handle. I have looked on rock auto ,but there is only the cable listing. I remember reading that the chevy cobalt was the same. If anyone can help me or verify the part number for either and availability or that the cobalt will fit please respond.

As always all your knowledge is appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Hello everyone! Well I arrived in work and after trying to open my door 3 times the door handle broke.

I pulled the door panel and I need the cable and inside door handle. I have looked on rock auto ,but there is only the cable listing. I remember reading that the chevy cobalt was the same. If anyone can help me or verify the part number for either and availability or that the cobalt will fit please respond.

As always all your knowledge is appreciated.
Thank you.
The chrome plastic part of the cobalt handle is exactly the same but there are minor differences in the housing that the handle fits into.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
This is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all again, and big thumbs up to Sly Bob , I ordered the cobalt handle today and it will be in today!!! I may put it in or Monday as my friend knows the process from putting in my window regulator.

Thank you all again, you are my first go to for this car I love almost as much as my 65stang convertible I just sold 😩

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Thank you all again, you are my first go to for this car I love almost as much as my 65stang convertible I just sold 😩
Nothing wrong with the 65 'Stang.....

But you have a much more fun car now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what you are looking for.

Hi everyone, just want to give you an update on my door latch. It was fixed today as I said my friend is mechanically inclined but thanks Bob as we referred to your video many times. We found the door cable clip on the bottom plastic holder was also broke, so in lieu of running a new cable and spending 120 we used a wide plastic strap, works great , all done. Sooo much thanks again to all of us that love this car despite its design flaws next is my carbon filter and solenoid , lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts