Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my Solstice on Sunday and as soon as i left the dealership the driver's side head light went out!!!!!!!!!! :brentil: I drove it home anyway...cause ya know im not leaving it at the dealer, took it back the next day.."they said it was fixed" and later on the drive home it went out again. Has anyone else had a problem like this??? Any thoughts on how to get it fixed???

·
5,641 Posts
You are the first I can remember with this problem. Sorry no magic advice, other then going back to the dealership.

When you do go back, have them file a Field Product Report on what they may find and the fix.

Here is the thread on the Field Product Report:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8134

·
Registered
667 Posts
tampafl said:
I just recieved my Solstice on Sunday and as soon as i left the dealership the driver's side head light went out!!!!!!!!!! :brentil: I drove it home anyway...cause ya know im not leaving it at the dealer, took it back the next day.."they said it was fixed" and later on the drive home it went out again...
tampafl; When you say it "went out" and later "they fixed it". Do mean it blew and was replaced by the the service dept., or do you know? Were both high & low beams inoperable in that headlight?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have now fixed the problem (I'll have to check with them tomorrow to see what exactly it was). Thanks for the replies though. For a better description of what was going on... It would turn on when you unlocked the car.. it would turn on with high beams.. and it would turn on when i first started it up - but after say 10 mins. of driving, and turning off the lights, when i turned them back on the driver's side would not come on, but would still come on for high beams..
By the way now that i have my car etc...etc. where do i notify my information for this site to update car # & location?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Driver's Headlight Intermittent

tampafl said:
They have now fixed the problem (I'll have to check with them tomorrow to see what exactly it was). Thanks for the replies though. For a better description of what was going on... It would turn on when you unlocked the car.. it would turn on with high beams.. and it would turn on when i first started it up - but after say 10 mins. of driving, and turning off the lights, when i turned them back on the driver's side would not come on, but would still come on for high beams..
By the way now that i have my car etc...etc. where do i notify my information for this site to update car # & location?
What did they find? The drivers side headlight on my car (both high and low beams) go out after the car is warm. After it cools, they work OK. Replaced the bulb, checked the fuses (one for each beam). All are good. Any ideas appreciated.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
I had a problem with the right side day-time running light/turn signal. The clips in the connector were not making full contact with the bulb. I bent the metal tab slightly and have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Headlight Problem

I had the same problem back in March and posted a notice here on the Forum. The problem was diagnosed as a bad connector on the wire to the headlight assembly. The fix entailed a new wiring harness (three actually if you count the two incorrect ones that came in before the right one) which I thought was overkill when splicing a new connector to the wire apparently would have accomplished the same thing. My Sol has foglights that required a 15299544 harness and not the 15299543 that is for a Sol without the foglights.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Headlight Problem

2late4-1000 said:
I had the same problem back in March and posted a notice here on the Forum. The problem was diagnosed as a bad connector on the wire to the headlight assembly. The fix entailed a new wiring harness (three actually if you count the two incorrect ones that came in before the right one) which I thought was overkill when splicing a new connector to the wire apparently would have accomplished the same thing. My Sol has foglights that required a 15299544 harness and not the 15299543 that is for a Sol without the foglights.
Thanks 2late. Sounds like my situation exactly. It's going in the shop on Friday and I'll pass the info along to the tech.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a problem with my headlights for a while now it's really annoying i know i need a new wire harness becouse my stock is messed up burned i guess so the qustions is if i bring it back to dealer will they replace it fix it? do they have wire harness for hadlights? or i have to buy it? and i couldn't acctualy find wire harness anywhere the H13 one and the one i found is a conversion it's like the whole thing that costs 200 somthing dollars the cheapest one So i don't how to solve this problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts