Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tempted to install LED DRL? Only place I can seem installing them would be inside the headlight bezel or the driving/turning bezel, or on GXPs possible inside the hexagon driving bezels.

Don't think they'd look right tacked on the bottom of the fascia, or set inside the L&R grills. Trick would be to make them look OEM as possible.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You could also just wire the fogs as DRLs, as shown by TomatoSoup in his thread about hid retrofit. I did a retrofit as well and needed to keep the hids from running all of the time, this worked perfectly and looks factory. New camaros use the fogs as DRL so I new it would look fine, plus I found the fogs on our cars useless. I changed the halogen fog light bulbs to led because they kept burning out, no issued since the change and looks much better.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I have fog lamp LEDs....they suck!!! They do nothing at all. They are very visable for cars coming at me, but they do nothing for showing more of the road....in fact, if I turn off my headlights at night, you can't even tell my fog lights are on from inside the car. :cuss:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree the leds in the fogs do nothing for light output, but that wasn't the goal. I only have them set as drls to be visible to oncoming traffic. I never use the fogs while driving at night.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been seeing more and more cool LED/DRL, problem is most are designed/integrated into the fascia. So the trick is figuring where to add them while at the same time looking OEM. Headlights/driving/turn signal bezels seem to be the logical place, it retrofitting them to appear OEM that would be hard.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
I ordered a "universal fit" pair with 5 lights mounted horizontally. They will fit into the lower facia on the GXP at the sides. I am going to mock it up one of these days and see if I like it but they will work there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts