Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if i shouldnt have posted that just delete it thanks

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
This line at the end scares me:

WILL REQUIRE SOME MODIFICATION AND DUAL EXHAUST.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice. Who provides the actual exhaust? I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually like that ram air hood too. Not the front end, spoiler and ground effects though.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sweet, wonder if there will be a kit available.

·
Registered
729 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
..........I actually like that ram air hood too. Not the front end, spoiler and ground effects though.
:agree:

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I think the RKSport person needs to clarified that last statement, PM a member this way we can clarify the information. I can understand that it will require a dual exhaust system (outlet) to look correct but what else besides that feature would have to be change or added (remove the old valance is a given).
One last thing can this piece be painted to match the color of the car, or because is carbon fiber it will be hard to do.
Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I think the RKSport person needs to clarified that last statement, PM a member this way we can clarify the information. I can understand that it will require a dual exhaust system (outlet) to look correct but what else besides that feature would have to be change or added (remove the old valance is a given).
One last thing can this piece be painted to match the color of the car, or because is carbon fiber it will be hard to do.
Thanks
"WILL REQUIRE SOME MODIFICATION AND DUAL EXHAUST."

What they mean is you might have to cut your stock valence to fit the overlay carbon valence. What do you guys think of this idea? I know lots of you guys want the dual tip exhaust, but would you be willing to cut your stock valence? Please let us know.

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Just My Opinion

I can't believe no one has mentioned that God Awful Wing pictured on the white (Pure) Solstice. There are lots of cars that look cool with wings, but the Solstice is not one of them. Those side ground effects also don't fit on this car.

But I guess that's an after market companies job, to put every single stupid gaudy thing they can think of on one car just to show everything they offer, no matter how retarded it looks.

Again, JMO.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The piece is a direct replacement of the stock, I believe. Seen it at SEMA and it does look great. Not sure what modifications they are referring too, might be the hangers for the second exhaust tip.

Mallett is using a Corsa exhaust muffler that is part fitted for a Camaro with the Y pipe exhaust. This muffler has dual outlets and fits nicely in place of the stock muffler.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
TerpFan said:
The piece is a direct replacement of the stock, I believe. Seen it at SEMA and it does look great. Not sure what modifications they are referring too, might be the hangers for the second exhaust tip.

Mallett is using a Corsa exhaust muffler that is part fitted for a Camaro with the Y pipe exhaust. This muffler has dual outlets and fits nicely in place of the stock muffler.
I talked with Paul at Corsa and he said the muffler Mallett is using is specially setup for that car. At this point they do not have a dual outlet muffler for our 2.4L Solstice, the first muffler for the 2.4L Solstice will be a single exhaust setup. I told him the majority of the members were looking for the dual exhaust but he said that will come later.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
KLECKO said:
if i shouldnt have posted that just delete it thanks
I altered the URL to point to the Supporting Vendor who sells that item.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Is the oem valence screwdriver removable or is it part of the rear bumper cover? Easily removable would allow changeout of patterns and colors, also. STig, I could not find a link to a companion dual exhaust on your site to go with the valence. I believe yours is strictly single outlet unless I am mistaken. Also stupid question, will you be handling any valences or body parts made of good old fiberglass or injection molded plastic, similar to ordinary car body parts that would be much less expensive than carbon fiber? As I said, just a stupid question, but for those on a budget, $ matters. Anyway, unless there is a badge somewhere declaring that the parts are composed of carbon fiber, nobody would know the difference.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
So what Gravana is advertising there for about $300 bucks is just the rear whatchamacallit, which leaves a space for both exhaust tips, right?

For those who don't care so much about extra performance but care a lot for looks, can a fake tip be connected on the left side somehow?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm not real hip to the aftermarket world - but what is the purpose of the single exhaust valence (I'm pretty sure we're all getting one :lol: ). Is it because its made of carbon fibre?? Is there a different pattern?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I just talked to RKSport and the answer is NO modifications other than the Dual exhaust, he also said if members are interested we could pool x number of pieces and we would get a discount, how much depends on the numbers order, also the different body parts like this one will not be delivered until sometime in January 2006. I also asked him about offering the parts painted to match the color and he said that would be in the future, but the more people say what they would like, the better is for them to decide what to do and how fast.
The stock valance can be taken off with not to much effort.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Humdinger

If that url doesn't make you glad you bought a Solstice nothing will.
:agree: By the way I vote that the valance be painted to match the car also Giz. :cool:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Little Red #531 said:
:agree: By the way I vote that the valance be painted to match the car also Giz. :cool:
Not sure if you were talking about me or generic giz. :)
If about me, I don't understand. :confused:

I looked at the photos of the Saturn Sky. Yes, I like its looks. But the one thing that bothers me is:

Doesn't the front look like a smilie? --> :) <-- Saturn Sky

1 - 20 of 26 Posts