Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I saw a photo taken by brentil and the Sol had dual exhaust. I know that was a modified model, but it proves that someone reconizes what I think was an obvious "missing link" one the '06 Sol.

Does anyone know if that will be an option in the near future? I also liked the tonneau cover I saw ... great photos! Any word on the cost?

Take care and thanks for the information. :seeya:

·
Registered
528 Posts
The rear valance for dual outlets should be an order item in the future. When Pontiace makes dual outlet exhaust muffler available the rear valance will more than likley be made available for those interested in switching from your stock single outlet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sweet....so, I may be able to customize my 2006 to the equivalent of a GXP over time. By the way TerpFan, I went to UMD College Park for both undergrad and grad school (BSME '84, MBA/MS '94).

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I am new, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I saw a photo taken by brentil and the Sol had dual exhaust. I know that was a modified model, but it proves that someone reconizes what I think was an obvious "missing link" one the '06 Sol.

Does anyone know if that will be an option in the near future? I also liked the tonneau cover I saw ... great photos! Any word on the cost?

Take care and thanks for the information. :seeya:
McKee, that pic was some more of my handywork. I think there will definitely be some conversion kits offered by the end of the year that will replicate my photo. :yesnod:

There is a member here who is working for a company that will be making aftermarket parts for the Solstice. Here is her thread.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3559&highlight=lillie

·
Registered
905 Posts
I can't wait for the dual outlet option to be available, wonder how much it'll be?

On a side note, I'm going to UMD college park right now actually :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I think it would have been nice to have the dual outlet on the base car too, but I guess it will also be nice to have it exclusively on my GXP next fall to help set it apart visually, just a little, from the base models. :)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

I've got to run, but I really enjoy the information on this site.

Great work by Stang

Take care. :leaving:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I can't wait for the dual outlet option to be available, wonder how much it'll be?
I'm guessing the cat back exhaust with dual outlet will be in the 700-800 (comparing similar from Magnaflow), valance 200-300, plus install. So, budget about $1000. Personally, I'll probably wait on finding out whether GM will offer a turbo/supercharger upgrade to the 2.4L before I start spending alot of money on performance accessories. If it turns out that it's cheaper to trade-in a 2006 for a 2007 GXP with all the performance upgrades....I'll go that route.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I think it would have been nice to have the dual outlet on the base car too, but I guess it will also be nice to have it exclusively on my GXP next fall to help set it apart visually, just a little, from the base models. :)
Yeah - It'll kinda be like the old Mustangs.
The standard had one pipe the GT had twin trumpets exiting through the rear skirt. Nice :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
That's of course till all us base owners put the GXP dual outlet exahust on all our cars. Then you'll want to switch to single outlet to be exclusive again. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I've got to run, but I really enjoy the information on this site.

Great work by Stang

Take care. :leaving:
Dude, you take care!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
stang said:
McKee, that pic was some more of my handywork. I think there will definitely be some conversion kits offered by the end of the year that will replicate my photo. :yesnod:

There is a member here who is working for a company that will be making aftermarket parts for the Solstice. Here is her thread.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3559&highlight=lillie
I think he actually meant the spy pics of the mules with duals.

The ones with the nasty jaggy cutout for the other outlet.

Although yours does look awesome and oh so clean, why don't you post it here? ;)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
That's of course till all us base owners put the GXP dual outlet exahust on all our cars. Then you'll want to switch to single outlet to be exclusive again. :D
I'll just press down on the go pedal, and It won't matter if you had 10 tailpipe outlets, since I won't see any of them! :devil: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
dori-san said:
I think he actually meant the spy pics of the mules with duals.

The ones with the nasty jaggy cutout for the other outlet.

Although yours does look awesome and oh so clean, why don't you post it here? ;)
Forgot all about the test mule. Well, here is my duel exhaust photochop for all who have not seen it. :cool:

Attachments

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's it!

Stang,

That's the one I was thinking about. I think it makes the Sol look "balanced." I had a '91 MR2 back in the early '90s and the mule reminded me of my old Toy.

Don't get me wrong ... I love the Sol I built, but this would be the one upgrade I would love to have (or they could make it a base feature ... like the 2nd generation MR2).

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
121 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
I need my car to have that... somebody better make it happen for me.
1:32am and a Friday night (Saturday morning) and you are posting.......things must have changed since I was a college student.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts