Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand it.

VINs are being assigned, cars are being delivered, and I'm dying to get my wheels. No one in Arizona has gotten a car or VIN yet. I guess our "extended" top-down driving season drops us to the bottom of the list of priorities for delivery of our F1K cars.

·
5,641 Posts
RJinAZ said:
I can't stand it.

VINs are being assigned, cars are being delivered, and I'm dying to get my wheels. No one in Arizona has gotten a car or VIN yet. I guess our "extended" top-down driving season drops us to the bottom of the list of priorities for delivery of our F1K cars.
25% of Arizona residents that registered 1000 First 1000 cars on Excelsior's list have reported VINs. And Slyone hasn't posted since June. It will not be long, hang in there.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I gotta wait months before mine will get delivered, your patience will be rewarded.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Small Dealer said:
25% of Arizona residents that registered 1000 First 1000 cars on Excelsior's list have reported VINs.
I'm calling the dealer.

I was cutting the lawn around 6:30 AM. The temperature was perfect. There was a mild breeze. The only thing I could think of was my car...my car...my car.

I should relax. I've waited this long. What's another month or so? :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
RJinAZ said:
I guess our "extended" top-down driving season drops us to the bottom of the list of priorities for delivery of our F1K cars.
Could also be colors ordered in AZ, maybe not many ordered darker colors which have been run heavy in first 400 so far.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adrenaline said:
I gotta wait months before mine will get delivered, your patience will be rewarded.
I wonder what's taking so long? There are photos everywhere of car carriers loaded with cars. The plant has two shifts running. Yet, actual delivery is worst than watching grass grow in the desert.

:cryin: I want my wheels.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. I'm relaxed...just had a "moment" and it's passed. I can imagine how everyone else is feeling.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After reading the posts through today, no one has a Solstice in the driveway. I thought #1 took delivery already.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
RJinAZ said:
After reading the posts through today, no one has a Solstice in the driveway. I thought #1 took delivery already.
it has been delivered to his dealer..whether its in his driveway I dont know....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Chill dude, if you check the posts on production they have only just started building Slys. No report on Cool yet.

So get out of the heat, pour yourself a cool one and relax. No point having a coronary, You can't drive your car if you are stuck in hospital. :grouphug:

Oh forget to say I like your car choice. :thumbs:

G

·
RJinAZ,

Not sure which part of AZ you live in, but you know as well as I do that we have close to 10 months of top down weather. I too am anxiously awaiting my Sly Solstice with Ebony Leather interior.

I did hear from my dealer though that their two EOPs were picked up along with 3 of the 10 orders they have.

So, cars are being picked up. I have not seen one in Tucson yet, or heard of one in Tucson.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a suggestion

I was feeling the same way!!!

Esp. after the Friday GM party...

I called my dealer the day of the party, no news, NO VIN!!!
The Pontiac execs said to hold tight, things will happen....

I decided to call the first 1000 866 Number ( 866-530-0256) and BINGO!!!
they told me I had VIN 113!!!

They may have access to a different database, than my dealer ( Or my dealer just blew me off..... )

Give them a call on Monday, and hang in there

FJ
:) :) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
First 1K, Thank you, thank you for the tip. I'll be on the phone Mon. a.m. to see if my baby is at least in the oven...everyone is so right, the lack of info. is the killer - mine is sly, loaded, so I'm guessing late this month thru mid. Sept., not too much time in PA to drive and get the envious glances.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
first 1k said:
I was feeling the same way!!!
I decided to call the first 1000 866 Number ( 866-530-0256) and BINGO!!!
they told me I had VIN 113!!!
866.530.0256 rings to BOFA. The number for F1K is 866.539.0256.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So Sorry!!

I'm soooooo soooorrrryyyyy for giving out the incorrect number!!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I do thank RJ for the correction....

Frank

·
5,641 Posts
Going to hijack the thread with an auto related bad number story.

Many years ago, you would enroll a buyer with OnStar over the phone. So I was sitting at my desk with a coupe buying a SSEi. Trying to do three things a once, dial up OnStar on speaker phone. Get this woman saying, well lets just call it, some very interesting things. Hit the hang up button as fast as I could, as all three of us turn red. Turns out dialing a 866 number would get you OnStar, but make a mistake and call a 800 number got you a phone sex line.

Never used speaker phone again, and was so glad when enrollment moved on line.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Going to hijack the thread with an auto related bad number story.

Many years ago, you would enroll a buyer with OnStar over the phone. So I was sitting at my desk with a coupe buying a SSEi. Trying to do three things a once, dial up OnStar on speaker phone. Get this woman saying, well lets just call it, some very interesting things. Hit the hang up button as fast as I could, as all three of us turn red. Turns out dialing a 866 number would get you OnStar, but make a mistake and call a 800 number got you a phone sex line.

Never used speaker phone again, and was so glad when enrollment moved on line.
:glol: :glol: That had to be a surprise!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are you sure that isn't and OnStar option now? Maybe for that long ride home after striking out at the bar on a Saturday night. :lol:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
RJinAZ said:
I'm calling the dealer.

I was cutting the lawn around 6:30 AM. The temperature was perfect. There was a mild breeze. The only thing I could think of was my car...my car...my car.

I should relax. I've waited this long. What's another month or so? :willy:
Cutting your grass at 6:30 AM on a Saturday!!??? Man, if I were your neighbor, I'd be PISSED! :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If you live in Arizona, why have a lawn? :cool:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts