Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been wondering this for a while, and im not sure of the answer. I have ordered a Sol and I have chosen the following options;

US8- CD Player- mp3 compatible.
QF8- Polished Aluminum wheels
R6A- Leather seating
ZQ3- Convenience Package
ZQ2- Power Package
C60- Air conditioning
G80- LSD
B32- Floor mats

Here is my question. Does the Solstice even come with an alarm system? like the ones where you push the lock button twice and the horn honks, signafying the alarm is on. I know the sol comes with Generation III Pass lock, just for the keyed entry. If it does come with one of the remote entry/alarm system, do my options contain this feature? Ive read the order form, and I dont see anything regarding this.

DYLAN

·
5,641 Posts
No dumb questions except for unasked ones.

Your "ZQ2" Power Package includes the (AU0) Remote Keyless Entry System which includes a content theft alarm. Simple explaination I use, if you lock the doors properly-you must unlock them properly to keep from setting it off. Not sure how useful this becomes on a convertible with no room for "content" to be at risk ;) . This should also give you status-lock confirmation through "beeps" or "light flashes"

The PassKey III is a passive fuel kill theft deterrent system with an imbedded chip in the key head.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Small Dealer said:
No dumb questions except for unasked ones.

Your "ZQ2" Power Package includes the (AU0) Remote Keyless Entry System which includes a content theft alarm. Simple explaination I use, if you lock the doors properly-you must unlock them properly to keep from setting it off. Not sure how useful this becomes on a convertible with no room for "content" to be at risk ;) . This should also give you status-lock confirmation through "beeps" or "light flashes"

The PassKey III is a passive fuel kill theft deterrent system with an imbedded chip in the key head.

Yep. If you reach in and try to open the door from the inside the car will go into histerics. Too bad it doesn't send an incapaciting electrical shock to the culprit but then I suppose someone would have a heart attack and sue us!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The first Maxim I ever read was about alarm systems in South Africa -appearently car jacking and theft are big there. They have flame throwers that shoot out the bottom of the car, huge four foot swing blades on garage door springs that come out from the bottom. Those are a bit excessive for the states, but a taser in the door seems perfectly reasonable to me :) I just say that because the beeps and flashes dont even phase car theives and most people ignore them as a false alarm anyhow.

- :willy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts