Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had fedex drop off the point of sale package. It includes a DVD, and tohter items including an EOP playbook. Quick look at the book is same infor dealers received on the 29th. Will look things over later and report back.

Shame Lutz will not be around in North America to see his baby launched.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Just had fedex drop off the point of sale package. It includes a DVD, and tohter items including an EOP playbook. Quick look at the book is same infor dealers received on the 29th. Will look things over later and report back.

Shame Lutz will not be around in North America to see his baby launched.
Got mine too, taking it home tonite....opened box while GM was on teh phone, he doesn't even know we got it! SCORE!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Can't wait for the review :lurk:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Of course for all nights to watch something other than Bball - looks like a loooong night for you guys.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Was just at my dealer and looked at the EOP playbook he just received.

One of the FAQ's was:

Q. Are these the first 1000 units built for production?

A. No, the exclusive retail orders are considered the first 1,000 retail orders placed.

So what happens to any built before the first 1000?

Also from the playbook-

"GM-licensed Solstice merchandise wiil be available to order on April 14 at
www.solsticestuff.com :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, if you go there now you get;
Coming soon! Officially-licensed GM merchandise and apparel for the new Pontiac Solstice.
Thanks for the news hyzer, and you too Small Dealer.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
hyzer said:
Was just at my dealer and looked at the EOP playbook he just received.

One of the FAQ's was:

Q. Are these the first 1000 units built for production?

A. No, the exclusive retail orders are considered the first 1,000 retail orders placed.

So what happens to any built before the first 1000?

Also from the playbook-

"GM-licensed Solstice merchandise wiil be available to order on April 14 at
www.solsticestuff.com :yesnod:
Based on this question and answer it looks like the VIN number for the first 1000 may not be what we all think.
They may have a plack that says 1 to 1000, but they are not the first PRODUCTION SOLSTICE BUILD, I am wrong about this?.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I really don't expect any of us to actually get VIN 0001. More then likely that would go in soem GM museum/warehouse. Then after that you have all the people who are far more important then us who get special ones before customers ever get to sit in one.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Wasn't there supposed to be other items along with this? Like the banner and such for the 15th? Also are you allowed to start showing this DVD in your dealerhsip now, or do you have to wait till the 15th like I thought I remembered reading about the banners and promotional items?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
brentil said:
Wasn't there supposed to be other items along with this? Like the banner and such for the 15th? Also are you allowed to start showing this DVD in your dealerhsip now, or do you have to wait till the 15th like I thought I remembered reading about the banners and promotional items?
My guess would be it was not meant for continual replay in the showroom anyway. Couldn't see it yet 'cause around here yesterday was a SNOW day and my dealer didn't get his package yet.

·
Registered
533 Posts
brentil said:
I really don't expect any of us to actually get VIN 0001. More then likely that would go in soem GM museum/warehouse. Then after that you have all the people who are far more important then us who get special ones before customers ever get to sit in one.
VIN 0001 of the 350Z was auctioned off by Nissan on ebay for charity. The winning bid was around $95,000.00. The winner bidder sniped it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
brentil said:

Dealers are supposed to wait until the 15th to display any of the promo items including showing the DVD. Mine didn't call me today, which probably means the whole package is sitting in his office unopened. I'll bug him tommorrow, priorities tonight, Illinois putting a little womp butt on NC!

·
Registered
109 Posts
EOP promotional Kit

The kit is really cool. I was able to get a DVD and it is great. If you can't get the 32x11" poster on April 14 let me know. I have access to extras.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HYPUR said:
I read in the packet that delivery to dealers will be on or before October 24, 2005.
That stinks.

BEFORE is the key word. It is just a date that the EOP program will end. 180 says after the ordering window closes. Just GM legal requirement. EOP cars are still scheduled to start shipping in June.

·
4,592 Posts
WOW! So much ro read through in one day!

Are the photos in this thread the best quality, or have I missed something in another thread. Good pics, but poor resolution, need more.......... :brentil:

·
Registered
338 Posts
PAS22 said:
Dealers are supposed to wait until the 15th to display any of the promo items including showing the DVD. Mine didn't call me today, which probably means the whole package is sitting in his office unopened. I'll bug him tommorrow, priorities tonight, Illinois putting a little womp butt on NC!
Actually we're supposed to play the DVD on the showroom to build a little buzz. It's a series of 4 commercials that loop, about 10-15 minutes total. 187 mb short movie. Any ideas how to post it? Spare server, I don't have the space. Nobody else at my shop knows I have the DVD :devil: except the parts manager who watched my rip a copy onto his computer (only DVD player in store.) IMHO, the only scene worth posting is the one about the top operation, 4 1/2 minutes. The model is hot, oh, the girls pretty good looking too. :cool:

·
4,592 Posts
conejo148 said:
Actually we're supposed to play the DVD on the showroom to build a little buzz. It's a series of 4 commercials that loop, about 10-15 minutes total. 187 mb short movie. Any ideas how to post it? Spare server, I don't have the space. Nobody else at my shop knows I have the DVD :devil: except the parts manager who watched my rip a copy onto his computer (only DVD player in store.) IMHO, the only scene worth posting is the one about the top operation, 4 1/2 minutes. The model is hot, oh, the girls pretty good looking too. :cool:
AdnrewPlanet said he could host files on his server in this thread, say 5-6 post, have a look:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1606&page=1&pp=15

1 - 19 of 19 Posts