Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well well well,

Yesterday, (11/23/05) I took delivery of #1715. This car is amazing. I picked her up at 4:00, and did the paperwork and drove off. I never thought Id even get this...and for a first car too! The looks you get in this are crazy! People speed up beside you just to catch a glimpse of what it is! So I took her home, reversed her into the garage and literally all of my neighbours came over to see it. All I got was great compliments. As soon as I closed the garage door to go inside, it started snowing. And in fact, 28 hours later, it still is. We have about 5 inches of snow. I managed to escape danger and narrowly avoid a snowy drive home. Phew! The people in the dealership were like whoa! your getting THAT (and pointing) car? I replied, "Well yes, you see I..." Then they would interupt with disbelief. It was awesome! I walked into the dealership and sure enough, there she was, with a nice red ribbon, balloons and a phamphlet on the front. To make things even more cooler, about 20 people were applouding! :willy:
Everything is pretty good on the car. There is fit problem with the front passenger side where the bumper hits the yellow side marker. Its off a little bit. But thats, ok, because I have a solstice, and I would rather have one with a minor fit problem than no solstice!

Here are some pics of it at the dealer, me in the car and a few pics in my garage! Enjoy!...and i also got my plate in the mail today! WAHOOOO!
[ 4YR WAIT ]

Ordered- April 2 2005
Produced- Septemeber 21 2005
Invoiced- October 31 2005
Shipped- October 31 2005
Delivered to Dealer- November 17 2005
Picked up- November 23 2005.

WORD OF ADVICE FOR ALL WHO HAVE LOW VINS KINDA LIKE MINE... KEEP STRONG, KEEP YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH, AND YOU WILL HAVE IT SOON ENOUGH. I STARTED TO GET ALMOST SADDENED THAT I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER BE GETTING IT BEFORE THE SNOW...AND I DID- AS SOON AS I CLOSED THE GARAGE DOOR IT STARTED! HANG IN THERE AND DONT CANCEL THAT ORDER. I ALMOST DID, AND IM SO GLAD I DIDNT, BECAUSE THIS CAR IS AMAZING. THE CAR IS WORTH ANY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32720592350.jpg&s=x12
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32721003641.jpg&s=x12
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32721025394.jpg&s=x12
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32721043975.jpg&s=x12
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32721093785.jpg&s=x12
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32721072527.jpg&s=x12

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dylan, Congratulations on your new beautiful Solstice...I love that ribbon they put on your car - nice touch!! :party: :cheers:

·
Registered
439 Posts
:party: gratz :) the young ladies will love you in that car :)

·
2,574 Posts
Your lookin good Dylan! Nice! Good Luck.
PS I'm worried about that ramp on the garage wall. Move it before it drops on your baby. :lol: :party:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats Dylan, enjoy it. If you are using it during the winter up there be careful otherwise pull it out at the first sign of spring :cool:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations Dylan. Welcome to the club!

Looks like they armorall'ed your top. When the snow stops, I recommend stocking up on protection, and I don't mean Zaino. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations, I hope hte weather gets better for you, so you can enjoy it more. :party:

·
4,592 Posts

I think Dylan was crying in that first photo, but that's OK, we understand :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
You look like you're flying pretty high, Dylan. :thumbs:
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Great shots-I'm with Bird-that ramp looks sol-hazardous! ;)

Hopefully the snow stops soon, so you can get it out this weekend and enjoy!!

·
4,592 Posts
Aspenrose said:
Great shots-I'm with Bird-that ramp looks sol-hazardous! ;)
The ladder also, get the ladder.......Oh, I see a horror movie in the making in that garage ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats! I would be happy to hold on to her over the winter here in Texas! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes too many hazards in the garage. Good catch all :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys, Before bringing her in the garage, i made sure that nothing would fall. every hazard that you can see is being hung by a 1/4 inch lagged hook into the wall drilled about 3 inches deep. The ladder is a featherlite and those ramps actually should be thrown out. I dont even know why we have them. All the do is sit and collect dust. In my 18 years of existence, they havent moved once...and havent fallen once!

But it is good to hear that others care about my car!
Thanks guys/gals!
...now i need to go sit in it again :)

·
4,592 Posts
After 18+ years, and it chooses now to fall :(

:glol: Hope you enjoyed my little joke, no harm intended :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Rodeo,
You've still got it :glol:
Now you're going to give everyone nightmares :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
lol

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
GREAT photos, dylan01, and that is a BEAUTIFUL Solstice! :grouphug: from all of us.

You deserve that car and it fits you well. You will be popular with the girls, dylan01, but it is NOT because of the car. It is because of you! You know what you want, you set a goal, you work towards it, and you achieve it. WELL DONE!

Now, when I come up to Ontario next summer, you and I can go cruising for chicks and honeys in our twin Sols. You get the chicks, I get the honeys (mature chicks). Deal?

BTW, you now have some great pictures for your monitor. Rip MARiSOL's photo off and replace it with Suzy's (or Mary's, or Ally's, whichever name you finally choose.) By the way, HAVE YOU CHOSEN? You gave us a list of three, but now you are limited to one. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats, enjoy the car!! :party: I think that I still have a day or two before it snows here :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts