Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will be the first owner to put their Solstice on the dyno?
Heck, I'll donate a header to the cause if someone needs an excuse..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
scdyne said:
Who will be the first owner to put their Solstice on the dyno?
Heck, I'll donate a header to the cause if someone needs an excuse..
Ok, you got my attention. Really, free headers if I strap my Solstice to a dyno?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
448 Posts
I am working with Airaid in Phoenix, Arizona to have a cold air induction system developed specificly for the Solstice. They will be using my car for the prototype and they will be doing a Dyno run before and After to get the comparison for the cold air intake system. I'll post the Before Dyno as it becomes available to me and you'll have to Visit Airaids web site for the after dyno results when the Part becomes availabe to the Public.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
chefmartin said:
I am working with Airaid in Phoenix, Arizona to have a cold air induction system developed specificly for the Solstice. They will be using my car for the prototype and they will be doing a Dyno run before and After to get the comparison for the cold air intake system. I'll post the Before Dyno as it becomes available to me and you'll have to Visit Airaids web site for the after dyno results when the Part becomes availabe to the Public.
kappasphear has a Cold Air induction system already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want to see a stock dyno for the vehicle and not just the engine. See how much powertrain loss it has and what the curve looks like. I " may " have seen the 2.4L on an engine dyno, but running a F.A.S.T. for operation and questionable VVT use it's hard to compare.

I'd like to get a So-cali person on the ball to take a stab at a dyno and yes a header if they wish before I go blowing smoke up anyone's butt about a product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
If anyone knows a good place to get dyno tested on the weekends close to the Harrisburg area, I'll get my car tested.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Drex said:
If anyone knows a good place to get dyno tested on the weekends close to the Harrisburg area, I'll get my car tested.
google.com

I found 5 places within 10 miles of where I lived using google.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
SlipSlider said:
kappasphear has a Cold Air induction system already.
Gravana has one listed on their website now too. I believe Gravan made or had theirs made, KappaSphere has a Fujita sourced part.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
448 Posts
I'm Sure the Cold air kits from Kappa and Gravana will fit the Solstice just fine. But my question is how much R&D has gone into these kits? Are they off the shelf parts made to fit the Solstice or are they specificly Developed to work best with our Car? I only ask because I am working with a local company that is using my car to prototype a Cold Air Kit specificly for the Solstice. They will Dyno my car before, threw out, and after to make sure they get the best proformance gains possiable....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
chefmartin said:
I'm Sure the Cold air kits from Kappa and Gravana will fit the Solstice just fine. But my question is how much R&D has gone into these kits? Are they off the shelf parts made to fit the Solstice or are they specificly Developed to work best with our Car? I only ask because I am working with a local company that is using my car to prototype a Cold Air Kit specificly for the Solstice. They will Dyno my car before, threw out, and after to make sure they get the best proformance gains possiable....
If you go to gravanatuning.com they have several paragraphs talking about how and why they built this intake from scratch and tested for this car. They supposedly have a car to work with.

The KappaSphere one is made by Fujita (spinoff of Injen) and Fujita has a Solstice in house to work on too. They have a teaser at the bottom of their site. www.f5air.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Fortimir said:
These Fujita intakes, etc... do how much do they increase HP, etc. on average?
Really depends on the engine. Best bet is to look into 2.2L ECOTEC upgrades and see what they get power wise. Now what type of power gains we get also depends on how restrictuve GM was with the current intake, throttle body, exhaust, headers, etc. If they're already fairly good performers then the performance gain wont be as high.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
Maybe we will get info after SEMA. I will not buy anything unless is backed up by Dyno sheet and info.
I am very interested in Chefmartin's out come with Airaid in Phoenix, Arizona.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
so has anyone dyno'ed thier sol yet?

I would also be interested in seeing which upgrades get the best performance and if there is a difference between manufacturers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
deacon said:
so has anyone dyno'ed thier sol yet?

I would also be interested in seeing which upgrades get the best performance and if there is a difference between manufacturers.
We've had one reported value set, but no one has posted actual dyno sheets. Gimme 1000 miles from tonight and I'll get some.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
Congratulations Brentil, it has been a long wait but I am sure it will be worth it for you. :party: :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
brentil said:
google.com

I found 5 places within 10 miles of where I lived using google.
Never thought to use google's local search. Made it a heck of a lot easier to find a place that was close. Tomorrow @ 7:30 :D unless something more important comes up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Drex said:
Never thought to use google's local search. Made it a heck of a lot easier to find a place that was close. Tomorrow @ 7:30 :D unless something more important comes up.
Awesome. Good luck. :thumbs:
Cause I've got another 877 miles to go before the 1k mark. :D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top