Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a speed shop; Cal-Speed Performance in Bakersfield, Calif.; that does dyno-tuning with the HP Tuning Suite.
They mainly do LSX vehicles, Corvette, Firebird, Camaro, 04(+)GTO, G8 GT/GXP.
They have both the Dynojet 248 & Mustang 1100SE dyno's to choose from.
I drove by & they stated they do both the 2.0 turbo & 2.4 in the kappa platform. So, I scheduled my Coupe for next Wed.
Does anyone have any suggestions or precautions from having had a Dyno-tune?:)

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
DON’T WATCH!!!!! Especially if you don’t like to see your baby run hard! Actually it's not that bad. Make sure the guy runs it up to about 40mph and lets it run there for a minute or so before he gets on it. Have him also do a pull prior to tuning to see the difference. If he/she is good, they’ll be able to tell almost immediately if your engine will hold together. What mods do you have? If it’s a daily, tell them you want conservative, not max tune! If you do watch, take earplugs, it gets really loud and high pitched!

This was round #2

Round #3

Round #4, 122mph in 4th gear....

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I drove by & they stated they do both the 2.0 turbo & 2.4 in the kappa platform.
Call them right now and ask them how many 2.0 turbo lnf cars they tuned. Tuning the gxp is completely different than tuning a v8, sure they're capable of tuning it but i wouldn't want my car to be guinea pig if the tuner doesn't understand how our ecm works.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I found a speed shop; Cal-Speed Performance in Bakersfield, Calif.; that does dyno-tuning with the HP Tuning Suite.
They mainly do LSX vehicles, Corvette, Firebird, Camaro, 04(+)GTO, G8 GT/GXP.
They have both the Dynojet 248 & Mustang 1100SE dyno's to choose from.
I drove by & they stated they do both the 2.0 turbo & 2.4 in the kappa platform. So, I scheduled my Coupe for next Wed.
Does anyone have any suggestions or precautions from having had a Dyno-tune?:)
That worries me. They are not good signs for tuning the LNF. It's ECM is NOTHING like the LSX. Unless they have experience tuning the LNF they will not be able to fulfill its full potential.

This thread summarizes a lot of what is involved when using the LNF. Very different than a standard ECM.

Thoughts on Tuning and the LNF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts