Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned 2 Solstices, one sly 2.4, and 1 Envious GXP (now a track car)...

But I have kids and a Solstice is just not an option, So I've looked for what I want and have no luck finding it...

SO I'LL BUILD WHAT I WANT... LOL

I just bought a BMW E21 (it is a 1982 320i) that the body is in good shape, even with new performance suspension, but the motor and trans are both shot.

These cars handle good and are just a bit lighter than a Solstice. So, I'm going to get a 2.0 (Havent decided LSJ or LNF, most likely what I can find available) and 5 speed and have me a fun car that has a roof AND a back seat, with a trunk... LOL.

Kinda looking for a motor and trans if anyone has one sitting around, anyone else done a weird swap?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Be forewarned - my memory is terrible, but I think the LNF's are pretty extinct if you're looking to buy a new one, however the LDK is still available for about $1,999 from some online vendors.

Of course you weren't asking for a new one. I'm pretty sure (but refer back to my warning) someone was selling an engine and tranny on here in the forums recently (like past month maybe?). I browse too many sites to keep things straight, but it may be worth it for you to browse through the old for sale ads.

In any event I think it's totally cool for you to do the swap. Keep us posted with pictures and let us know how it's going!

PS - congrats on your first post here!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm kinda leaning towards an LSJ as the stock rearend in the E21 is limited to about 250 ft lbs or torque until it gets upgraded, and if i remember right a gxp has about 240 to the wheels (factory this car only has like 80hp).

Trying to figure out for sure what all is needed for an LSJ to an Aisin ar-5, I know they bolt up, but curious about clutch/flywheel parts...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HA HA! It fits! I have the motor sitting where it needs to be, sitting on blocks... Will need to modify the oil pan extra braces, as they are touching the cross member. I am just going to cut them off...

Pics will come soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts