Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Are you planning on partcipating in the early order program (Apprentice first 1000)

• Yes

Votes: 50 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The heck with it, let's start a new poll just to try to guage a count of number of members who are going to try for the early order program (EOP) and count of not.

This is just regarding the Apprentice first 1000 Solstice program.

Please vote.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a math wiz can figure out our odds somehow... :willy:

We need more NO votes.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Even though it will cost me ~$1K USD (GM Card), I am willing to try.

I am bringing Pizza over to the Dealership at noon CST on the 15th. Who knows it might help? I am not sure about the moon phase or other nifty things to bring with.

Someone is going to get NUMBER ONE!!!

It should be someone on this forum; we (all of the first 1K members) have beaten this thing to death. Now is the time for all good men to get some rewards.

Take care-Steve

·
Registered
126 Posts
mceb said:
Maybe a math wiz can figure out our odds somehow... :willy:

We need more NO votes.
I'm very unhappy to oblige you with my "no" vote!

I'da been in alot better financial shape if I didn't have to replace the trans on my truck. :cuss: In addition to saving for the downpayment, I'm spending the extra time waiting by:

1. Convincing myself orange will be one of the next colors offered.
2. Compiling reasons why I need the F/I version.
3. Rationalizing that I would've waited anyway to hear first owner reviews.
4. Coming up with pithy additions to my vanity plate phrase list.

When I see the first Sols zip by, I will feel like my new avatar.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am too commited to back out know. Pre-ordered blue but after seeing "deep" on the DVD I am not sure I like it. I would strongly suggest that anyone considering blue look at the DVD on a large screen TV first. Now leaning toward sly or mysterious. D_m, if black wasn't so hard to keep looking good it would be a no think!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PAS22 said:
I am too commited to back out know. Pre-ordered blue but after seeing "deep" on the DVD I am not sure I like it. I would strongly suggest that anyone considering blue look at the DVD on a large screen TV first.
What was up with the blue you saw on the DVD?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I'll give you a "no" vote! I am staying patient, and hoping for news on an F/I car before too long. We'll see how that works. If I start to see a couple on the road I may cave and run down to my dealer to order one before an F/I is available, but I think I am going to try and be strong! ;)

Plus I want to be able to see one I can sit in, drive, play with and crawl over before I make a final commitment for a variety of reasons. I absolutely love the design, but I need to be sure I can live with it first!

Good luck to all you EOP buyers! I hope everyone on the forum who tries to get in on it gets one!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
What was up with the blue you saw on the DVD?

Its just not the same shade as what I have seen before in pics. I can say the same for the red. If anything the blue is brighter than I expected. And the red, well, it seems more towards an orange shade. Wish I could see these colors on another vehicle before I commit to what will probably be a rest-of-my-life car.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
PAS22 said:
Wish I could see these colors on another vehicle before I commit to what will probably be a rest-of-my-life car.
I am interested in the green, red and blue, so I went to paintscratch.com , and found out that those colors are available on several '05 Chevrolet models. The Trailblazer comes in all of them. The red is on all of Chevy's models except SSR and Aveo I think. Anyhow, I think you'll find that the blue is plenty dark. I had to get close to tell if it blue or black in direct sunlight.

Haven't seen the video yet though, maybe paintscratch.com is wrong, I don't know, but they did look close to the color pictures on the dealer fact sheet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The blue is definitely a lot lighter/brighter on the DVD. I actually like it better than the dark blue but I will be getting "Deep" either way as I am a huge blue fan. My Envoy is Indigo Blue Metallic :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
:yesnod: I will check out the dealer color shots and take a ride through a Chevy lot one of these days and check out the blues.

·
5,600 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I'll give you a "no" vote! I am staying patient, and hoping for news on an F/I car before too long. We'll see how that works. If I start to see a couple on the road I may cave and run down to my dealer to order one before an F/I is available, but I think I am going to try and be strong! ;)

Plus I want to be able to see one I can sit in, drive, play with and crawl over before I make a final commitment for a variety of reasons. I absolutely love the design, but I need to be sure I can live with it first!

Good luck to all you EOP buyers! I hope everyone on the forum who tries to get in on it gets one!

I'm with you. No to EOP for 3 reasons. I don't want to deal with the 1st year Gremlins. I may want FI. And I want to test drive it 1st. Who know, maybe they will over a "have to have" color like yellow, orange, scarlet. I plan to keep this car a long time. I want it exactly the way I want it. I am still pondering decisions such as leather vs. no leather. Hearing on this forum how the leather holds up over the 1st year of ownership might influence my decision.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My vote is for No as the program isn't available in Canada. Even if I lived south of the border, I probably would not get one of the first 1000 cars because of GM Card points restrictions. I'm buying the Sol to drive and have fun, not to collect and resell in 20 years, so the appeal of having one of the first 1000 is very limited...certainly not enough to offset the loss of my GM points.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The NO's are really starting to catch up to the YES's finally. Might have to do with us EOP hopefulls checking the site every 15 seconds for new info, but everyone else only once a day to laugh at us who check every 15 seconds. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here you go Brentil, here's another "No" for you EOP guys:) I'll wait for the next batch to use my gm points since I have so many stored up (I've been waiting for the solstice for a while now). Hopefully the next batch will only be a couple of months behind.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Running about 60% yes, 40% no so far among the die-hard members. Wonder how it plays with casual potential buyer in general population.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
jimbo said:
I'm with you. No to EOP for 3 reasons. I don't want to deal with the 1st year Gremlins. I may want FI. And I want to test drive it 1st. Who know, maybe they will over a "have to have" color like yellow, orange, scarlet. I plan to keep this car a long time. I want it exactly the way I want it. I am still pondering decisions such as leather vs. no leather. Hearing on this forum how the leather holds up over the 1st year of ownership might influence my decision.
Getting a chance to sit in the car and drive it is a big deal for me! I am confident it will be fun to drive, and meet my driving experience expectations. However, I want to know how I will fit. I am not a real big guy (6 foot, 170 lbs) so height really isn't a problem. However, I have gotten a claustrophobic feeling from some small cars just the same. A 1993 Cavalier comes to mind. I didn't even test drive it. The Salesman pulled it around, I sat in it, played with the seat, mirrors, wheel angle, looked at him, and said "nope, I feel squeezed. Its too small." That was it, I didn't even get it on the road. I think the Sol will be big enough based on what I have seen (including seeing it in person). However, there is only one way to tell for sure.

I also want to see how high the door sill is. I always am driving with my arm on the door sill, and cannot stand a lot of these new cars with high beltlines. That, if anything, could be the deal breaker for me. By eyeballing the car, I do not think it is that high. However, some of the test mule reviews indicated it felt like you sat very low in the car, which worries me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts