Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since we still have a month to go in early order season and so many threads on it, I thought maybe it's best to start a summary thread to gather all of our reference information in 1 place. Maybe s-man can make it a sticky for next month or so to help people who are just now checking in.

Some of this will change as we learn new information over the next few weeks.

What is the early order program (EOP)?
It's a special ordering program GM is running for the first 1000 Solstices.

How does it work?
1) Visit your dealer to see if they are participating (dealers had until 3/18 to join EOP)
2) Some people are putting down deposits as a show of commitment
3) Watch the Apprentice on 4/14
4) Customers will be prompted to go a web-site they will promo during the Apprentice and get an ID # (www.pontiac.com/apprentice)
5) Take your ID # to your dealer starting 4/15 at 2pm and the dealer will input it into their internal system (www.solstice1000.com). Note: this is the site your dealer will log into to actually enter you into the first 1000 program not something you do.

Program ends when 1000 orders that are accepted by GM starting on the 15th or April 24th whichever comes first.

Note: some dealers are promising people they will get X number of the first 1000 Solstices, or you are 2nd on the list. The attached memo advises dealers not to make promises since program is first come first serve on the 15th.

Dealers should be receiving more information via a phone conference on March 23rd.
Week of April 4th is when we believe dealers will get full pricing on options.

Attached are several reference items:
* EOP dealer signup information
* EOP dealer promo kit information
* EOP memo to dealers
* Solstice options list (no prices yet).

The options list is also avaliable on the web at:
Solstice Options List Link

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
MCEB, Great post. You might want to add that the week of Apr. 4th or possible sooner participating dealers will receive their promo packages including the customer Early Order Guide, Solstice givaways, posters etc. and hopefully pricing info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a lurker no more! (I've been lurking for weeks now and taking advantage of all of the members' good advice!.

For those of us who have paid a deposit and are trying to figure out the odds on getting one of the first 1000 Sols, does anyone know how many dealers signed up for the Early Order Program?

As of Friday, March 4th it was "over 1,100" but, now that the entry deadline has passed, how many dealers signed up?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Riles said:
I'm a lurker no more! (I've been lurking for weeks now and taking advantage of all of the members' good advice!.

For those of us who have paid a deposit and are trying to figure out the odds on getting one of the first 1000 Sols, does anyone know how many dealers signed up for the Early Order Program?

As of Friday, March 4th it was "over 1,100" but, now that the entry deadline has passed, how many dealers signed up?

Per a post I saw in another thread, the deadline has been extended until tomorrow (Friday the 18th)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fuel tank capacity

No wonder there is no cargo space... It has a 25 gallon main tankand a 17 gallon auxiliary tank... Take a look at the spec sheet page 14!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
windblown said:
No wonder there is no cargo space... It has a 25 gallon main tankand a 17 gallon auxiliary tank... Take a look at the spec sheet!!
It's a typo, there's only 1 tank (13 gal).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Where can I see Solstice colors on existing cars?
In case you want to get a closer look at the Solstice colors, many are already on existing cars and trucks. Member achieftain took the paint color codes & touch-up codes from the Solstice specs against a site called www.paintscratch.com, to make some educated guesses....

Deep (Dark Blue Metallic) 25U WA-722J -> Bonneville, Yukon, CTS, LeSabre

Envious (Emerald Green Metallic) 38U WA-215M -> Envoy, Sunfire, Cobalt

Mysterious (Black) 41U WA-8555 -> Almost any black GM car

Sly (Shadow Gray Metallic) 42U WA-911L -> Caddy CTS, Chevy Equinox (careful there are 2 silvers)

Pure (Summit White) 50U WA-8624 -> Sunfire, Century, Cobalt, Regal (careful some cars have 2 whites)

Cool (Liquid Silver Metallic) 67U WA-994L -> SSR, G6, Envoy, CTS, Regal, LeSabre, Park Ave, Century

Aggressive (Victory Red) 74U WA-9260 -> Sunfire, Aztek, Cobalt, Monto Carlo

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
WOAH WOAH WOAH...

According to this specs flyer, painted aluminum is standard rims...

but there are TWO upgrades, polished and chrome?

Wha?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH...

According to this specs flyer, painted aluminum is standard rims...

but there are TWO upgrades, polished and chrome?

Wha?
Slow down, boy. Only one upgrade till September.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts