Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody received confirmation of their early order yet?

Like most of us...I haven't heard a word about my order from GM and my dealer is almost useless now that he has my $$,$$$$.

My dealership had my $$ (paid in full...btw) 2 days (Tues.) BEFORE the Apprentice show for my order.
Now my dealer is saying I may not be one of the 1st 1000!
I told him I didn't care what strings he had to pull or what favors he had to call in, he had best make darned (read that *!*!*@#@!*) sure I am not only in the 1st 1000 but I expect to get a serial number UNDER 200.
I figure he took my money and he should have ordered my car before close of business the next day (Wed).

Thoughts?? Comments??
Thanks,
Ragtop

·
Registered
121 Posts
That ship has sailed. If I understand you correctly you gave between $20K and $25K to your dealer on 4/13/2005. (I have to ask *WHY?!*)

Did you get a number from www.pontiac.com/apprentice sometime between about 8pm Eastern 4/14/2005 and 2pm 4/15/2005? It sounds like you did not, if not then the answer is easy: you will not be getting a First 1000. You likely will get your one of your dealer's first regular allocation. Even that is not guaranteed though--it's possible they sold all their first allocation before you came along but that is unlikely.

All this and much more is explained in the FAQ as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...I paid in full because I specifically erquested a low serial number program car (I had an "in" and knew what was coming on the Apprentice. I also figured (correctly it seems) it would be a real hot seller.
In addition to this, I told my dealer that if he could not get me one of the 1st 1000 then not to order it at all. I have no desire to be an "also ran".

Oh...my dealer did inform me that he has only 2 orders for the car and mine was the 1st of those.

Thanks for the reply Sal...
Ragtop

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Sal...
for some reason I can't get into the FAQ section...is it down?

Ragtop

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Salamander...
The wife says I did get an email with an early order ID number that she took to the dealer. It was dated Apr. 15 8:13 am Pacific time. But she says that's the last we've heard, and with that I agree.
Shame on her for not telling me but she was trying to keep me from getting antsy...so she says.

I still have to wonder about my order though.

Ragtop

·
Registered
251 Posts
RagtopRoadster said:
Thoughts?? Comments??
Thanks,
Ragtop
You might want to ask for your money back!!

You said you had an inside early "tip" re: "The Apprentice" promo...question is did you read the rules, and follow them to a tee...sounds like you did not...sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

As for confirmation , I believe all of the "1st 1000" have received it by now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies all...

Yes, I did read the rules and yes, I did follow them as specified. But I do believe my dealer cost me this one. He wasn't even aware there was a EOP until I brought him the info. Then, since I was pre-paying in full he bent over backwards to get my order and take my $$$.

Boy now I'm bummed...
Looks like I'll be cancelling my order and gettin' a refund.
Guess I'll go buy a Crossfire then, (man talk about being an "also ran"). It was my next choice anway.

You all have fun in you cool roadster...Bye Bye
Roadster

·
Registered
34 Posts
I gave my dealer a million dollars and told him I better get serial number 1. Didn't work. Darn that dealer! I'm gonna go get a Porsche Boxster instead!

·
Registered
251 Posts
educationk12 said:
I gave my dealer a million dollars and told him I better get serial number 1. Didn't work. Darn that dealer! I'm gonna go get a Porsche Boxster instead!
What, a million bucks?? why settle for a Boxta... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phone Number

I'm new to the forum and after reading most ofthe threads I see that many of you have called GM to find out where you are in this waiting list and a few of you have even been notified by email. I have not been notified either way. Since my dealer doesn't seem to be much help to me I wanted to call the solstice program headquarters myself and check.
Is this possible? If it is would someone please tell me where to find the contact number?
Your help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
EOP program HQ will not be able to tell you...

You asked, "Where am I on the waiting list?"

You also suggested that you try to call EOP HQ to find out your position on the waiting list. I'm willing to bet that they will be able to tell you whether or not you are in point of fact on the 1st 1000 waiting list, but they have thus far been unable to pinpoint anyone's position on the waiting list.

That seems to be mostly determined by your intake time stamp for your Early Order Entry step done by your dealer.

There is a set of steps in the link to FAQ: How do I know if I got one of the 1st 1000? (Checklist & other info) Even though you are asking about the waiting list, the information still applies.

You can print out the FAQ and take it to your dealer, and have them visit the solstice1000.com website and check to see if you are indeed on the waiting list.

Unfortunately, there seems no way for the EOP staff to tell anyone where they are on the list. Notwithstanding, they did send out letters to the Tier 2 wait list saying that they are far down the waiting list, and should order from their dealer's ordinary stock. However, I suspect that many people's spam filters may nab the incoming EOP mailings as spam.

The Tier 2 folks did get a letter, and the earliest intake time stamp for Tier 2 that we are aware of is around 2:42 PM EDT. If your intake time is earlier, then you might be in tier 1. However, bear in mind, that due to system issues, there were many many folks who were wait listed well before 2:41.

Hope this helps.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RagtopRoadster said:

Yes, I did read the rules and yes, I did follow them as specified. But I do believe my dealer cost me this one. He wasn't even aware there was a EOP until I brought him the info. Then, since I was pre-paying in full he bent over backwards to get my order and take my $$$.

Boy now I'm bummed...
Guess I'll go buy a Crossfire then, (man talk about being an "also ran"). It was my next choice anway.

Roadster
No offense, but give me a break. You didn't get a car with a XX of 1000 badge on the dash, so the car is no longer worth it to you?

Are you bummed? Yep. But it is a little late now to be making sure your dealer was doing their job too. However, I do not see how the lack of a 1 of 1000 dash tag makes the Solstice so much less desirable that you are going to buy another car anyway.

Maybe you just like the Crossfire more to begin with.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Sounds like you had some major misconceptions about what the EOP program was RagtopRoadster. We had known about the EOP program a good 3+ months before it happened.

There was NO WAY a dealer could even promise you a car in the EOP, let alone a VIN#. None of us even know how the VIN#'s will be assigned to EOP winners. Will it be in order of time you got the car, will it be random, will it be by last name, etc. It was completely chance based, and even if you had done everything in your favor it still didn't mean you could get one.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I will say this without trying to be too insulting but in my opinion it is just as well that you didn't get one. You come off to me as some guy that thought his money could get him first in line and your only intrest was to have the investment of a first 1000 and no real intrest in the car. You know the kind that didn't want to take time to invest in the first 1000 program as the rest of us did, but just flash your money and expect it to happen for you. :nopity:

·
Registered
177 Posts
RagtopRoadster said:

Boy now I'm bummed...

Roadster
Your dealer may have been one of the stores that would not shell out cash to participate in the EOP...as he was clueless!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
GNS said:
Your dealer may have been one of the stores that would not shell out cash to participate in the EOP...as he was clueless!
:agree: There was no way in H*** the dealer could have ordered ANY Solstice prior to 2PM EDT on 4/15. If you expected him to order on the 14th prior to the Apprentice airing and without your unique id # then you are so far off track you may be better off in another brand. And even dealers that understood the program and signed up didn't get any because of computer overloads or nobody coming into the store to order (yes, it did happen) And with all of that some dealers were able to secure the maximum 5, go figure. But, RagtopRoadster, as evidenced on another thread today, if you got into the EOP 1000 you would have been contacted by GM/Apprentice headquarters twice by now. If you were properly waitlisted you would have had contact by now. Unless your dealer is using smoke signals and semaphore to stay in contact with GM there should be a whole bunch of numbers to verify and validate and ease your troubled mind. Is the lack of that or lack of the dealer doing what the rules said enough to make you buy other then you probably were not a true Solstice fan down deep. Is the inability of any Pontiac dealer in the country to secure a specified VIN (even within 200) enough reason to jump to DCX? Then please watch your step while you jump. What you asked the dealer to do was and is impossible unless your name is Jay Leno and Ford out of the goodness of their heart makes sure your GT is VIN #1

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think "Elvis Has Left The Building"...

I too was offended by the arrogant and intimidating..."gimme what I want cause I got it comin to me" attitude!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts