Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like an afwal lot of the early buyers were just speculating. EBay and other auctions show more then 10% of the first 1000 are already for sale or have been sold. Seems like the big rush to buy was based on financial gain not desire. How many actually bought the car and kept it?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Deep said:
Seems like an afwal lot of the early buyers were just speculating. EBay and other auctions show more then 10% of the first 1000 are already for sale or have been sold. Seems like the big rush to buy was based on financial gain not desire. How many actually bought the car and kept it?
Most, and I mean 90%+++ of the people here bought to keep.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Deep said:
That would be ME, and PROUD of it!! Fast bucks are fleeting; the first-year Solstice is destined to become a timeless classic. :nono:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought mine, originally as a big 50 birthday present, but would be looking hard at this car even if that were not the case. This is my car, not someone else's!

·
Registered
175 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
the first-year Solstice is destined to become a timeless classic. :nono:
You think? Or will the Solstice be so common after a couple of years that every fifth car you see on the road will be a Solstice? How many Mazda roadsters did you see today?

Personally if some yahoo wants to buy my car for way over what I paid for it, have at it. I can buy another one for MSRP and I don't mind waiting.

Part of the timeless classic mystique is limited production. Ain't going to happen with this car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
A question? Do you think in the beginning the non-1k's will sell for more on e-bay?

I still plan on keeping our car!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I haven't gone thru all this,and I mean all this :brentil: :cuss: :brentil: :willy: :lol: for a little bit of money.I ordered mine 1 year ago this week,long before the Donald wannabes hi-jacked the Solstice. :cool:

·
Registered
316 Posts
bought it to keep, to enjoy and to have the memories.

My uncle has a country place
That no one knows about.
He says it used to be a farm
Before the Motor Law.
And on Sundays I elude the Eyes,
And hop the Turbine Freight
To far outside the Wire
Where my white-haired uncle waits.

Jump to the ground
As the Turbo slows to cross the borderline.
Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine.
Down in his barn
My uncle preserved for me an old machine
For fifty-odd years.
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream.

·
Registered
60 Posts
POTFH said:
I did, it will join my wife other 2 seater, 1973 Opel GT(aka baby Vet), which we purchased in 1974.
That's too cool! I knew Excelsior was into Opels, but I didn't know anyone else had an Opel GT on this site.

I also have one. 1972 Opel GT, 72,000 original miles. :)

Marc

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been observing EBAY sales and have calculated MSRP of each car for sale based on options each car has. The sale prices are between $4,000
and $5500 over list of those I've seen (one car had 26 bidders). One dealer right now is offering one for MSRP of $25K (every option) - except he doesn't have the car, but claims Pontiac owes him one, delivered within 6-8 weeks. You pick the color.
Looking at Kelly blue book (www.kbb.com) prices for dealer and MSRP for all options, plus the base car price, I find that if a customer orders every single option, the dealer makes about $2000 profit on each vehicle. If no options are ordered, he makes $1260. Therefore , one of the cars sold went for $7500
over invoice.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Notice that one of the EBAY sellers made almost three times as much profit
as his dealer did. It's easy to see why dealers probably groan when they sell
the car at MSRP. It's a bad situation for the dealers to be in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brought our Solstice home tonight to be part of the permanent collection of ours 1926 Pontiac 2dr Sedan, 1936 Pontiac three window coupe street rod 428/400 powered, 1966 Pontiac Catalina 9 passenger wagon, 2001 Pontiac Aztek vesatrack, 2006 Pontiac Solstice 1K, So it is a keeper for sure :cool:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Solstick said:
bought it to keep, to enjoy and to have the memories.
A brilliant red barchetta..........................nice sig :yesnod:

Now I have to go fire up my Moving Pictures CD!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
175 Posts
kingarthur said:
Notice that one of the EBAY sellers made almost three times as much profit
as his dealer did. It's easy to see why dealers probably groan when they sell
the car at MSRP. It's a bad situation for the dealers to be in.
Not such a bad situation. Easy money. The dealers have no inventory. All they have to do is take the order. The real money comes from the service side.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Marc said:
That's too cool! I knew Excelsior was into Opels, but I didn't know anyone else had an Opel GT on this site.

I also have one. 1972 Opel GT, 72,000 original miles. :)

Marc
Into? I still own a GT (1972) that needs plenty of lovin and $$ and was my FIRST Opel that I purchased ~1991. Just sold the 74 Manta that I had prior to delivery. I don't think I could ever go long without owning an Opel.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Excelsior said:
Into? I still own a GT (1972) that needs plenty of lovin and $$ and was my FIRST Opel that I purchased ~1991. Just sold the 74 Manta that I had prior to delivery. I don't think I could ever go long without owning an Opel.
I well send you a good place in CA to get parts for the GT, yes it takes $$$$, still have to put more in ours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts