Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to see so many on Ebay going for such a premium. So many opportunistic dealers/people with disposable income who can just buy them and re sell them for a profit while honest, hard-working people have to wait in a seemingly endless line for their car.

This car is not a commodity. It's so much more than that to all of those who fell in love with it at first sight and have a passion for driving and now are waiting, patiently or not. It just irks me.

I understand why Greed is a deadly sin.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What color is your car again... ENVious? :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
"re sell them for a profit while honest, hard-working people have to wait in a seemingly endless line for their car. "

Why are you claiming those people weren't hard working or didn't wait in line? They can do with their cars what they wish. If they are selling, I'd
say they need the money, and are hardly the folks you're describing.

·
Registered
766 Posts
GHM73 said:
Sad to see so many on Ebay going for such a premium. So many opportunistic dealers/people with disposable income who can just buy them and re sell them for a profit while honest, hard-working people have to wait in a seemingly endless line for their car.

This car is not a commodity. It's so much more than that to all of those who fell in love with it at first sight and have a passion for driving and now are waiting, patiently or not. It just irks me.

Its not disposable income; its called CREDIT!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm mainly referrring to dealers who "cheated" and orderred F1k cars just to sell them at a markup.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
GHM73 said:

I understand what you're saying, and agree with a lot of it, and I know from personal experience that we can develop an affection for a car. But really, when you come right down to it, it really is just a car and a commodity. I hate it that they're doing this stuff, but they have a right to do what they please. And I have a right to not patronize those businesses and to try to discourage others from doing the same. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts