Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, in preparation for my birthday present, I am inquiring about the location of the ECM as I want to have a tune done. thanks to all who contribute to this thread with useful information.

·
Registered
329 Posts
in the engine bay, on the driver's side, in the corner by the firewall. there are two thick cables going into it that you can unhinge, which will allow you to pull the ECM out. easy as pie :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
It looks like this.

I believe the 2006-2007 may have 3 connectors instead of two like mine.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Also, it's behind the wiper fluid bottle, so unlocking the connectors is a little tight. And, don't forget to remove the negative battery cable first.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone, I looked under the hood today and wondered how it was I had never come across it before:lol: I do not think it could have been in a more obvious location :willy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for telling me the location of the ECM for my 2007 Saturn Sky, you just saved me alot of time, I never noticed it was next to the water bottle all this time. My car has been having trouble starting and the battery and ignition switch are new, everyone is saying the ECM is intermitent. I even replaced the alternator a few years back. The car only has 16,000 miles but it has had some random starting issues for years and GM even put 2 batteries in it under warranty, but over the past few months it has become worse. I just ordered a new ECM yesterday. Unfortunately once I change the ECM I will need to take it to the dealer to have them flash the computer because I put on the GM turbo upgrade kit which came out in about 2009 with the new Bosch sensors, it gave me 30 extra horse power, so it was worth it. Sincerely, John Teabo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts