Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, It's me again... if you don't remember, then here's this:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f59/boost-cut-5-psi-not-constant-95754/

This problem has returned twice now, and I can't even hope to know where the wire is cracked now.

(Linked Thread TLDR: Car wont stay in boost, 5 psi max, goes full boost sometimes weirdly, problem = wastegate solenoid wires cracking and breaking inside of casing)

Now it's continuing to happen and the solution I'm chasing is cutting the wires responsible for this particular solenoid about 3- 5 inches off of the ecu and routing brand new wires to the solenoid.

My problem is that I can't find a reliable pinout for our ECU to tell which wires are which. I've been searching for about a week now.

Does anyone know where I can get an ECU pinout for the 07' GXP manual. I'm not sure what other clarifying information I might offer, but I think this method will work. I just have to find a pinout so I can make the wire splice in.

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. Did step one. Ran the Yellow wire that is the wastegate solenoid control off of the ECU parallel to the wiring harness to the Wastegate sensor. The problem persists...

Ok... so the other wire that runs to the sensor is Pink with a black stripe.... According to every diagram I have for the ECU pinout, all the wires listed as PK BK or pink with black are used for ... Ignition 1 Voltage.

This... is a scary problem... what do I do? Because obviously this can't be the only thing on the car using that wire.

Any suggestions?

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Okay. Did step one. Ran the Yellow wire that is the wastegate solenoid control off of the ECU parallel to the wiring harness to the Wastegate sensor. The problem persists...

Ok... so the other wire that runs to the sensor is Pink with a black stripe.... According to every diagram I have for the ECU pinout, all the wires listed as PK BK or pink with black are used for ... Ignition 1 Voltage.

This... is a scary problem... what do I do? Because obviously this can't be the only thing on the car using that wire.

Any suggestions?
The pink/black wires are switched 12 volt coming from the fuse box under the hood. There are about 8-9 wires under that fuse box that supply switched power to the ECM, O2 sensors, MAF, ignition, transmission, etc. The lines that feed multiple things come out of the fuse box as one wire then split off into multiple wires in the wiring harness at different places. So that wire that goes to the boost control solenoid is not feeding anything else with power, you could completely cut it and nothing else will lose power. You can also tap into another pink/black back at the fuse box and power it for testing until you figure out what is going on. Adding that solenoid to another circuit is not going to push any other circuit over its max amperage.

Hope that helps,
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts