Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,264 Posts
The hinges are pretty custom-looking, or at least i didn't see any label on them, so you will probably have to have them made.
IMG_20191214_142350979.jpg
The studs to mount the hatch to the hinges are molded into the "visor":
IMG_20191214_142447177.jpg
The latch is a Southco 93-313. I found a seller on Amazon, asking $9.25 + $8.26 shipping, so it looks like you can get one.

·
Registered
413 Posts
awesome! how do the rear hinges attach to the glass? and what type of rear lock is in the rear glass? I wonder where the Edag install kits are....and..whats the headliner shell made from.

·
Registered
413 Posts
great molded in studs!! I assume the window just glues to the rear hinge panel., seems simple enough....hopefully this spring/summer Ill get to start making stuff and gets this on my car. you guys are great I got lotsa stuff to do, and hopefully the wife will like it a little better.....im still undecided on weather to remove the canvas top or not..Ive never even had it down.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I found the other pictures that I had made for someone else. Also have the drawing with dimensions. I traced it directly from hindge so is quite accurate to fab from. If needed, I can send you a copy via snail mail...
Hope all this helps...

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
With the addition of the EDAG top and the soft top folded away in trunk, you do not gain any trunk space. Actually can be a bit more of a pain in the buttox to gain access to any open space.

I removed my soft top and is currently stored in the back of my truck! Not hard at all to do. Putting the top back on is no big deal. On my car, there are locating pins to properly align the thing.

Will post a couple of pictures later as we have company that just arrived...

·
Registered
413 Posts
THATS TOTALY AWESOME!!!!! THANKS!!!!THATS GOING TO BE A LOT OF HELP!!! sorry for yelling but thats great to have, Im now excited!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
still waiting on the rear hatch/window holder portion from norms. communication with the guy on flebay is less than ideal. it would of been nice to know I would be waiting on a 3rd party for the hatch section...oh well. no big hurry but it would be nice to have it. as it's been since october and ebays"policy" time is up if I never get it all.... well all that was promised...even though the hinges were in the pics....I apparently get none, I so gladd you guys are hear to help and all the pics&instructions and drawing!!are oh so helpful. I hope everybody has a safe and awesome new year to come!!!!(& and hope I can get this on my car)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If it is coming from Norm, you will get it...eventually. You will just have to find something else to do to keep your mind occupied.

I am currrently waiting on a set of fenders...

·
Registered
413 Posts
over a week ago he said it was "shipped" and was getting me a tracking ##.....no #.no top....more wait....like being on a diet.more weight....and then wait longer for more wait...it would of been nice if they seller was up front about it. I have lots of other stuff to do, I just hope someday I do get this. there are lots of ebay scammers out there.....I hope this seller isant one of them. norm might need a bigger shop and afew more helping hands...that he can trust. it's not hard to do but the give a **** factor affects the outcome of the product. Ive done a good bit of glass work, making molds,making parts form the molds and more. I havent done it in 20 years. well a little bit 10 years ago. I have no desire to make this part.,if I did, I would of just put on a coupe top and made a removable section to fit my car. witch could still happen.....probably not. I hope you get your fenders soon!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
still no hatch.....and the ebay guy hasent been responding.....hope you got your fenders!! I should of known better than to try to buy from somebody that responses are few and far between and dont answer much of any question.:mad::poop:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I just spoke to Norm on the phone (Tuesday about 5 pm). I did not mention your issue.

You might try calling him yourself. Thru the day, you will probably not get him and answering machine is full...can't leave message. Late in the day seems best for me. I have spoken with him about a month ago and that call was late in the day, also.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
FWIW, Norm posted in a FB Kappa group this week that he's in the process of building several fastback hardtops. I have no idea if they are for customers or extra inventory. As others have said Norm does quality work, but he's self-employed and sets his own schedule & work load. Go ahead and continue to send him occasional emails & messages reminders, but...be polite & keep them professional.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I havent talked to norm or sent any emails to him just the guy selling the tops on flebay. the peice fianly came in....other than the basic shape of the outer portion ....not at all like the one that should be with the top, it's too wideIll have to fit it, no problem there. no mounting studs for hinges,no resess ,no contour for window to aligne&mount,no place for the window seal to seal on the top. just a thin shell..not exzactly what I was expecting from norms, but it will work when finished .just a little more pain in the butt. Knowing what I know now I would of went with a different top... I dont fault norm at all, I douby he made any $$ off of this peice and from the dealingw with the guy selling them norm probably didn know I needed it till last month, 2 months after buying it and finding out....oh somebody else has to make the rear hatch.....thats shown with it...ERRR.... on a nother note flying home sunday the delta pilot of the 737 tried to land on the 6 lane highway in the middle of town...2 TIMES!!! then flew us back to atlanta to sleep in the airport... WTF?? did I steep in something this last year??? also this week 3 solstice rear ends deleverd to me...1 the rong one06 auto ,1 for a jag,1 for a gxp.....rong ratio. from california....you just cant make this kind of poop up...along with tearing my rotator cuff again 2 weeks ago....but I did have a good time with the grand kids in Memphis tenn this last week!!! and yes my daughter and her husband too!!!and my other daughter said shes coming home for my birthday before heading to KOSOVO for 2 years.... some good some not so good...I think I need new shews...an a vacation

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Took some pictures...maybe this will help. PM me your phone number so I can call with some mounting ideas.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts