Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago, off comes the trunk lid and back on goes the EDAG hardtop. Took the car back over to Yipes Stripes and they applied the flat black racing stripes to the top. Looks great in my opinion! When the car was finished, they parked it out front of their business. Two of my so called friends happened to drive by and saw it, not knowing it was my car and called me to tell me I had to go look at a really sharp Solstice! This morning, my wife and I left early to go to breakfast in Brookville at a small diner we enjoy. As we were leaving, a couple came over to the car and started up a chat on how sharp the car looked. Amazing how this top changes the charactor of the car...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Looks great!!!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Wow! That really looks awesome! :cool: :thumbs: :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks really good, man. Was wondering what a flat black stripe would look like on the black cars (Onyx or Carbon Flash). Pretty darn sexy. *Not* a fan of the silver stripe that made its way onto the CF cars... made them look unflattering IMO.

I actually like the idea of using a flat, color-matched stripe on any of the cars. Much more subtle and unique, I think, than the "Hey! Look at me!" Racing stripes.

Although I did like the Blue/White and White/Blue combos on the Heritage editions. Though, even on those, I think dual stripes would've looked better than the single one they used.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wow!! I love the way it looks. Almost looks like a mini hearse.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mini-hearse was done in the early 70's...

Then, there's this...

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember those "mini-hearses!" very well from back in the day. Seems to me, there was a kit to change over a later model corvette to a station wagon look...very different from the red corvette pictured above. Yes, it does remind a lot of people of the Dodge Magnum. At a meeting I had to go to this morning, a lady saw me get out of the car and she asked me if I was "Batman!". Have recieved that remark a couple of time now. Another lady stopped me as I was leaving because she had to have a couple of pictures of the car...or else she thought I was the most handsome (or ugly!) man she has ever seen!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I love the look of the EDAG top on the solstice I've been looking for one for a little while but I've had a hard time finding one but your car looks great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking great!
I like the stripes! The whole car looks great!
I cant wait to see what my EDAG, Hardtop Looks like on mine...
But, the weather is still nice here in KY and I am "enjoying the top down."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts