Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have been following this site and GM's (both US and Canadian) with very little info on the Solstice from GM. At a point the Canadian site is releasing wrong information on the vehicule! :brentil:

I went to my local Pontiac dealership twice! and they have less information than we do...

What was my surprise, yesterday I visited Mazda's dealership (for 1st time) and they have info on the new MX5. Surprised, I browsed through Mazda's site (French Canadian) and they do publish a lot of information on the new MX5 (even if they still have "old" Miatas on the lot) and pictures with top up! ;)

From Mazda's dealer they said the new model will be out to Canada during summer.

I still can't beleive we don't know for sure what the top looks like :willy:

·
4,592 Posts
:agree:

I agree, 10+ months I've been here waiting and trolling, wondering when will we see the top/trunk, and yet we wait :(

2 things come to mind. 1) mazda is releasing a new gen vehicle, Pontiac a new line, makes a difference. 2) Pontiac may be working a different angle on marketing, but there's lots of speculation the top isn't ready yet, who knows?

But I still agree.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Could it be with GM's less than rosy financial picture (see MONEY section, USAToday, Thursday March 17) they may have rushed the Solstice to the production line? Hence, no pictures of the top and sketchy information on the rest of the car at best????

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I doubt the lack of pics of the top or trunk is a problem for GM Marketing other than with the people on this forum. We're just way over the top in our interest on this car compared to most people.

Also, lets not forget that Pontiac has been giving us details about the production Solstice for 14 months now. Mazda only released information earlier this month.

Its just different marketing approaches.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Don't think Solstice will help the finacial woes since it's a low volume niche car. All it can do is create some excitement overall to help lift Pontiac's (and GM) image.

Top will be coming soon because dealers will have that info in couple of weeks (sure we will too). Most likely supplier issues getting it all hashed out for a new car.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mceb said:
Don't think Solstice will help the finacial woes since it's a low volume niche car. All it can do is create some excitement overall to help lift Pontiac's (and GM) image.
It's too bad GM won't have the G6 convertable ready this summer. The Solstice should create a lot of showroom traffic, and a lot of people could be directed towards the "more practical" convertable if it were ready.

·
Registered
8 Posts
GM Canada website is a joke! It still lists the Solstice as a concept car with the 240hp and all. Nothing changes on it until the last possible minute.

Chevy has zip on the HHR and Buick nadda on the Lucerne. I don't kow why they treat us as second class citizens when we make so many of GMs cars.

I suggest a group e-mail to them :leaving: :brentil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts