Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 2.4 Sky springs would work on a 2.0 Solstice? Very curious as I’ve read conflicting things, was checking both forums. The ones in question are Sportlines, which claim to drop a 1.6 inch all around (but I read the rear is more like 2). Any suggestions or opinions on these springs too? Just want some reassurance, thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Suspension components are interchangeable between the Sky and the Solstice, and between the 2.0 and 2.4, although the 2.0s were fitted with stiffer springs, dampers and anti-roll bars.

Do you really want to lower your car? Most of us already have trouble with ground clearance, and 1.6-2 inches is only going to make that worse.

·
Super Moderator
16,599 Posts
As John stated I lowered Punisher a couple of inches and ended up raising it to achieve acceptable clearance. I still have to be very careful picking my line to minimize dragging

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does the Eibach Sportline have lower spring rate than others? If so, it will certainly cause some butt clenches on potholes or speed bumps. Overly lowered suspension also limits wheel offset choices.
IIRC H&R doesn't lower as much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the others I’ve seen offered are around 1.3-1.5, being ST and H&R. I just desired the eibachs because they are a known brand, and I think a little extra drop is nice to get rid of the ugly wheel gap. I don’t mind my air dam hitting stuff a little more often

·
Super Moderator
8,028 Posts
Are the Eibachs still available? A search on their website returns "There are no items in this category matching your search criteria."

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
763 Posts
hmm air ride.... lower when you want and clearance when you need it. :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm air ride.... lower when you want and clearance when you need it. :unsure:
Too bad that would cost roughly half the value of the car😂 (I do love the car but not that much, I will probably be driving something else by next year)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are the Eibachs still available? A search on their website returns "There are no items in this category matching your search criteria."
Unfortunately it seems they’ve discontinued and removed them from their site, but I found a private seller on eBay with some for the Sky. I just double checked, and there are still a few listings for them on there right now, both Sportline and Pro-Kit versions.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Here is a picture I found of the before and after install of the Eibach Sportline springs on a Saturn Sky.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wonder if it bottoms out more often if paired with oem shocks. Stronger rebound rates may mitigate that but you'll get a firmer ride if that's what one desires.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Eibach quit producing spring sets for our car a number of years ago I have a set on mine that I purchased 10 years ago and about 5 years ago I was looking for another set for a project that I was collecting parts for . Contacted Summit Racing first and they had me contact Eibach who said that they no longer produced them

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have them on my solstice. The front air damn hits my garage lip if I pull in forward but no problem if backed in. I love the look and the ride but mine is setup as track car/ airport car. No one rides in it but me. Plus no one will ride in it because it is no cat and a mangaflow muffler.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Pony up for shocks with adjustable spring sets so that when you have it as low as you think you want it and keep grounding out you can adjust it up again without any more expense nor having to change springs again. cost for shocks like BC Racing are around $1000 for a set of four.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
There are 2 manufacturers that I know of who currently make lowering springs for a Solstice H&R & ST Suspension . Both sets are made in Germany

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pony up for shocks with adjustable spring sets so that when you have it as low as you think you want it and keep grounding out you can adjust it up again without any more expense nor having to change springs again. cost for shocks like BC Racing are around $1000 for a set of four.
I think the lowering springs are about $200-300. That's quite a difference in pricing! But if one's shocks are in need of change anyway then BC Racing coilovers kinda make sense. I don't know.... I never tinkered much with coilovers with my WRX once the novelty wore off...except during autoX.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts