Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Pony up for shocks with adjustable spring sets so that when you have it as low as you think you want it and keep grounding out you can adjust it up again without any more expense nor having to change springs again. cost for shocks like BC Racing are around $1000 for a set of four.
You know what else is around $1000 for our cars.... a water pump job😂(which mine is currently in the shop for). Seeing as how maintenance goes on these, it seems like an impractical mod for an already impractical car; it may make sense for some people, but I just want to close up the wheel gap

I think the lowering springs are about $200-300. That's quite a difference in pricing! But if one's shocks are in need of change anyway then BC Racing coilovers kinda make sense. I don't know.... I never tinkered much with coilovers with my WRX once the novelty wore off...except during autoX.
I’d consider them should my shocks go bad but isn’t it also necessary to realign them every time they are adjusted? I’d just prefer a set height.

·
Registered
2007 GXP
17 Posts
Just installed the BC's and love the way they made my gxp look...245-45-18 on front and 265-40-18's on rear with DDM works spacer on rear gives the car a real aggressive look...4.75 inches from concrete to front nose cover and 1.5 inches from concrete to black spoiler under nose..it will undoubtedly scrape if I'm not carefull...going to order another one and trim up the one currently on car an inch or so taking speed bumps at an angle.....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts