Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs for my Solstice about a year ago and am finally getting around to having them installed. Problem is I am having some anxiety about following through with it. Not exactly sure why...so my question is: Those of you who have installed the Pro-Kit, would you do it again?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Honestly, I wouldnt do it. It's just going to make your life hell if you daily drive your solstice. I remember having my 350z lowered and I had to creep and crawl over everything and scraping my nose and bashing the underside. This time around I am not going to lower because it's just not worth the 1-2" drop IMO. You know, even though the solstice has some gap in the fender its not worse than say a "ferrari". The cars still looks damn good with stock suspension. My $.02

p.s. not to hijack but how is that supercharger working out? u like? Big difference?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Around here all the parking blocks are high enough that the front rubs regardless. I constantly have to remind my wife to park short and not wait until the tires contact the block. So far I've been really lucky and only have a couple minor scratches way underneath the nose by the air dam. But I agree, I don't want to be constantly worried about rubbing or scratching, etc. The car is not a daily driver so that helps a bit I guess. Wondering if the front GM mud guards will rub...

Honestly, another concern is just leaving it at the dealership. It's going in to have the friction modifier added to the rear differential fluid and I negotiated the spring installation for $280 which is a good deal in my opinion. I just have nightmares about crushed fenders or reflashed ECM's so it's kinda nerve racking.

The SC makes a huge difference...car now performs like it looks. The crew at DDM are first rate and the kit is easy to install. Love it! Solo exhaust is a bit louder now though so I may have to install the resonators.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I wouldn't have it any other way. I've run the Sportlines (2") daily for the past 50 thousand miles over our overly-****ty roads, horrendously high speed bumps and can't even get into a buddy's complex lot thanks to their speed bumps.

Doesn't bother me, I just park across the street and don't come outside looking at a 4x4 Solstice.

I hate the stock ride height though so that plays into my decision.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2416530/autox2.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2416530/IMAG0064.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely prefer the look of the car when lowered, especially in the rear. I just don't want to go through all the trouble only to regret the decision for practical reasons...although I cant say I bought the car for practicality;)
Thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If you've ever driven a lowered car you understand what you're getting into. It's totally doable and worth it to many.

You're right, I definitely didn't buy it (my only car at the moment) for practicality. I'm actually, finally, looking into a grocery getter that I can also take up the mountains on our snowboarding trips.

I'm thinking a 60's Volvo Amazon wagon would fit that bill perfectly.

edit:Heh, I'd probably lower it a bit too

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lol...I thought my Solstice was already a lowered car hehe...seems like it being 6'2" and all.

Is the ride height the only difference between the Pro-Kit and Sportline springs?

Would love to hear from others who have taken the plunge...pun intended!

·
Registered
406 Posts
My solstice is lowered I daily drive it in California in rain and shine and I love the way it looks I only scrape on some speed bumps and drive ways but usually it's alright I would do it again and again and again I actually loved it being low I had half a coil off last month so now it's even lower lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses! Keep'em coming...anyone who has installed the Pro-Kit have issues or insights they want to share. Do the factory mud guards cause issues?

·
Registered
272 Posts
never knew they made proline, i thought it was just prokit & sportline, anyways i have sportlines on mine and wouldnt go back to stock

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Slik...can't figure out how to edit the thread title...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts