Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried electrically operated exhaust cut outs on the Ecotech 4 cyl? Good sound mod for the V8s, I'm just wondering what the 4 cylinders sound like?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I wouldn't even bother. Buy a Solo Performance Street Race exhaust. It has no mufflers and 3" pipe. I have 0 issues with flow. And it sounds good. I would assume you have turbo? The turbo muffles the exhaust enough, but I wouldn't even bother with cut outs. Even the factory exhaust flows enough exhaust to not be very restrictive. Solo is about the only company who's AM exhaust don't produce a drone in our cars.

Go to 1:44 if you want to skip the lolligaging around a parking lot.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm thinking the closest approximate you're going to get is listening to a cat delete straight pipe setup. Though, it's apple to oranges when it comes to the sounds of a 4 cylinder & V8. The ole "there's no substitue" saying comes to mind.

Or you could buy an aftermarket exhaust cut out kit and modify your exhaust.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...-performance&gclid=CL69t7Ly7tECFd61wAodrgUMbw

However what I think is really trick w/OEM setups (like the C7 NPP Dual Mode exhaust )is that you can see the exhaust valves open up at the exhaust tips, rather than dumping the exhaust under the car w/aftermarket units.

Here's a link to a good pic of how the exhaust valves are plumbed on the C7 (post 6); AFM/NPP Muffler Valves & A8 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Exhaust tips valves open around the 35 mark.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
The problem I can see with these is clearance especially if your car is lowered if sound is what your after buy a good aftermarket exhaust Solo or Magnaflow make some nice set ups for our cars .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts