Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Pontiac should do to endear themselves with thier loyal customer base (the 1000) is to eMail us (the 1000) a notice as to when they start production of our special car, so we can obsess even more.Wouldn't that be nice,ARE YOU LISTENING PONTIAC!!!! :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
:agree:I'm right there with you Satch....It would be the right thing to do...Pontiac...We have been waiting oh so patiently since the Apprentice....:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
An e-mail would be nice, but a notice about the start of production should really go out to ALL those who signed up for the program or expressed interest in the car. It's been a while since we've heard anything about the first 1000 contacts from Pontiac, so I'm sure we can expect something shortly, but we're certainly not the only loyal fans here, so they should share the good news with everybody.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Why not go all the way and provide us with daily reports from the plant complete with video.

[sarcasm]

Nah! That would look too much like a company that actually cares for it's customers and desires to build relationships and generate new customers.

[/sarcasm]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Slicer, you are right on target! Somewhere along the way, companies forgot about Simplicity! What's the cost of an email? Could be worth 10,000 additional Solstice Pre-Orders. Pontiac, are you listening?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I read somewhere that the first 1000 are to receive an email on Monday. Hope it does happen. News would be nice. Especially if it comes from Pontiac and not from somewhere else.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Now if GM's IT staff can get it gear and insert our VIN's into the email, we would be set! Assuming that VIN's are assigned since the all the EOP orders are in the system, do an inner join on the mailling list and order system. Put the VIN in either body or subject line...BAM! 1,000 happy people.

·
Registered
177 Posts
ntouched said:
Slicer, you are right on target! Somewhere along the way, companies forgot about Simplicity! What's the cost of an email? Could be worth 10,000 additional Solstice Pre-Orders. Pontiac, are you listening?
Too bad..but I'm afraid it's in one ear and out the other along with a snicker and turned up nose.
I think they may be getting a big head and patting each other on the ass..er back.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
SATCH said:
so we can obsess even more.Wouldn't that be nice,ARE YOU LISTENING PONTIAC!!!! :lol: :cool:
If they made us obsess anymore, I think their might be grounds for a class action lawsuit due to duress, pain and suffering! :lol: I'm not sure why some feel that Pontiac needs to constantly reassure us that they are really going to build and deliver our cars. Don't you believe them? I do. They already sent us emails, shirts, hats, DVDs and posters. If they never send you anything else, what are you going to do? Get mad and buy a Miata? If you do, there seems to be enough demand to sell your car to someone else with no problem at all, and when these babies hit the street all hell is going to break loose at the dealerships with people looking for Solstices.

We have to look at it from their perspective. They can't really release the car until it is really ready, and so they can't really give you an exact delivery date. To continually communicate with us when there is nothing new to say about delivery is a waste of their time and money and would only further frustrate us. They can't really say what the hold up is, because that would reflect badly on them and the product. It's in their best interest to just keep us on hold, and thier mouths shut at this point. In a little while we will get our cars and this little period in our lives will all be forgotten and forgiven.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
How quickly we forget....

GNS said:
Too bad..but I'm afraid it's in one ear and out the other along with a snicker and turned up nose.
I think they may be getting a big head and patting each other on the ass..er back.
Pontiac is indeed listening, and has answered some of our questions directly in gmblogs.com. link to: Lori Queen entries on GM blogs.com

This topic flares up about every 2 weeks, and it has been a while, so we're due. ;)

Really, have a little patience; GM has been communicating with us much more directly than other car company would have. Just ask bullseye about how much communication he saw while he was waiting 3.5 years for his Elise. By comparison, GM is letting out a lot of information, and the VOM [Vehicle Order Management] system can also be queried for your order's current status. That system is the one that GM itself is using to schedule the cars, so it's the most up to date info available. But, as I found out first hand, a car can be scheduled, and then moved back into the waiting to be scheduled status.

Am I concerned? No, it will take as long as it takes, and no amount of impatience on my part, nor pressure from upper GM management will change the timing.

Putting in video of the assembly line is an interesting concept, but not very helpful...

With regard to mail merging, sure it's possible, but the information is subject to change any way on a new platform introduction, so it's not very much help either. As mentioned before, this information is available to your dealer by looking in the VOM system.

Look, I know the waiting is frustrating, but as we've seen from recent engineering drive samples posted here, the Solstice will be worth the wait.

Let's all just try to be a little less twitchy and nervous. Please give GM some breathing room. This hovering over the process is probably not helping either side's blood pressure. ;)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
I'll be happy when I have a Sol.
At least you got to drive one! I've never even seen one in the flesh.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here It Is Guys

Exceptional News!

Pontiac is pleased to announce that the First 1,000 Solstice retail orders will begin to ship to dealerships the week of August 1, 2005.

And we wanted to make sure that our First 1,000 retail customers were the first to know. Pontiac will tell the rest of the world the great news in major newspapers on Wednesday, July 27, including USA Today, NY Times, and the Chicago Tribune.

Please keep in mind that there will be a limited quantity that will ship next week and we cannot guarantee your vehicle will be included in these initial shipments. However, an acceleration plan is in place and over the next few weeks we expect more vehicles to ship. As previously communicated, we expect that all First 1,000 retail orders will be delivered by the end October.

Please consult with your dealership about details concerning your order. They should be able to confirm if your order is either in system or in transit. They will also have access to your vehicle identification number (VIN) when your vehicle is considered in transit to your dealership.

If you have any questions, please contact Program Headquarters at 866-539-0256 or your local Pontiac dealership.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!

Sincerely,

Pontiac Solstice Team

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You took the words right out of my mouse. :lol: :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts