Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has officially come to an end for the Solstice. July 2010 the very last Solstice GM had made that was still in holding was sold from GM to its dealership chain. GM officially is now sold out of Solstices. The official numbers were finally released today reflecting this information.

There were 5 Skys sold in August 2010 but the current stock of items left are unknown.

Drink one for the Solstice tonight my friends!

:cheers:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hard to believe, the Solstice came out when i was a freshman in high school and I remembered being entranced by this vehicle. Now I am a sophomore in college working on my bachelor's of science and Pontiac is no more and the solstice is no longer produced: indeed a lot has changed.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Here's to the "dream" car that was putting the Excitement back in Pontiac! Thank you, Mr. Lutz, and you great folks at what was one of the greatest car producers in the world. Engineers, designers, assemblers and sellers. You can all say "I was there when...."

·
Registered
568 Posts
GM used to list the "types" of Pontiacs (as well as Saturns, Saabs and Hummers) sold every month. They did this as recently as the beginning of this year. Now they only list "Other Brand Sold", and list total numbers of Pontiacs or Saturns. It would be nice for them to have continued the breakdowns... I wonder just how many Solstices ARE being sold per month... or just how many remain for that matter...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GM used to list the "types" of Pontiacs (as well as Saturns, Saabs and Hummers) sold every month. They did this as recently as the beginning of this year. Now they only list "Other Brand Sold", and list total numbers of Pontiacs or Saturns. It would be nice for them to have continued the breakdowns... I wonder just how many Solstices ARE being sold per month... or just how many remain for that matter...
GM tracks the numbers of vehicles they sell, not their dealerships. GM is now sold out of Solstices as of July 2010 they sold the last one to a dealer. GM is not officially posting those numbers for breakdowns of Pontiac & Saturn but we have means of getting that information.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
There are still a few new cars out there in dealers hands, but GM decided to turn off the information on Pontiacs on the web site, so you can't search for the Solstice any more.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
:(

There are still a few new cars out there in dealers hands, but GM decided to turn off the information on Pontiacs on the web site, so you can't search for the Solstice any more.
They may officially be considered used cars, owned by the dealers at this point.

·
Registered
568 Posts
:(

They may officially be considered used cars, owned by the dealers at this point.
The August, 2010 Sales Deliveries release does list 7 Pontiacs sold last month, (along with 43 Saturns and 205 Hummers...) These aren't "used" vehicles, they're newly sold... 1st time off the dealer's lot. My thing was that GM used to break down those units sold by model type. Now, they only break down by model type for the "new-GM" vehicles. Not a big deal, but it was always interesting to see just how many Solstices were sold the previous month.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The August, 2010 Sales Deliveries release does list 7 Pontiacs sold last month, (along with 43 Saturns and 205 Hummers...) These aren't "used" vehicles, they're newly sold... 1st time off the dealer's lot. My thing was that GM used to break down those units sold by model type. Now, they only break down by model type for the "new-GM" vehicles. Not a big deal, but it was always interesting to see just how many Solstices were sold the previous month.
I know I have not been around in a while.... but, I have it on extremely good authority that zero "new" Solstice's were sold in August. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Seems like just yesterday i was going through the allocation process....spring of 07 ......will i get it.....excited to find out that my order had changed to a early 08 ....... came in on the truck July 4th 07 ....went down and saw it in the dealership lot ......called my salesman at his house since it was a holiday and asked him to see if he could have it ready on the next day.....he said yes !

My passion for the Solstice is still the same today as that day 3 years ago and even though it's the end of an era it will be up to individuals such as ourselves to keep the DREAM alive ! So i drink one for the solstice and all the Kappas!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Newengland GXP, I will drink to that as well. So sad about Pontiac biting the dust!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know this may have been posted in another thread already, but regardless of which one was the last to be sold by GM to the dealership to sell to a customer... does anyone know the location or type/color/style of the Final Solstice that rolled off the assembly line (last one made)? or possibly the Vin Number?

Much like owning the first Solstice or first of the years/type, I think owning the Very Last Solstice ever made would be an awesome thing too.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts
This is the last Solstice rolling down the line:

The tour guide mentioned that this last Solstice is going
to Lonestar Pontiac in Texas

Pictures from the last day: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/mecca-goodbye-pictures-58322/

More last day stuff: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/mecca-goodbye-site-wilmington-delaware-plant-57026/

I know I've seen the last Solstice's VIN somewhere, and I thought it was in one of those threads, but I'm not going to reread all those messages.

Google search is a wonderful thing:
Last Kappa VIN is a 2009 Solstice Convertible: 1G2MN35B69Y108138

MN = Solstice Base Auto Trans
B = LE5 2.4 l naturally aspirated.
Here's the entire message:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/875380-post10.html

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ahh thanks :)! I wonder where it currently resides :p

Too bad there's no information on if it's still sitting at a dealer or current owner information :( not even autocheck or carfax has a single shed of information on it.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts
Ahh thanks :)! I wonder where it currently resides :p

Too bad there's no information on if it's still sitting at a dealer or current owner information :( not even autocheck or carfax has a single shed of information on it.
My guess is it's sitting, hidden away, at a dealer. They're going to sit on it for a while, hoping it appreciates a bit. The reason it doesn't show up on autocheck or carfax is that it has not been put into service yet, which means it is unsold.

·
5,600 Posts
I know I have not been around in a while....
Yeah, what's up with that. Some of us miss you around here. :(

Welcome back Kotter. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just curious... do you have any way of finding out how many:

2) Solstices remain?
That's what this thread is about, there are no more Solstices at GM. The only ones left are at dealerships and the only way to find them is through the dealer system.

·
Registered
568 Posts
That's what this thread is about, there are no more Solstices at GM. The only ones left are at dealerships and the only way to find them is through the dealer system.
That's what I was inquiring about... how many are still available FROM the dealers, not TO the dealers. Just curious.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts