Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's what I was inquiring about... how many are still available FROM the dealers, not TO the dealers. Just curious.
simply go on cars.com or autotrader or anyother car dealer listing and you can still find some "NEW" No Owner solstices listed.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Weren't we told at the plant tour that the last one was an order, and they even knew the name of the future owner?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Weren't we told at the plant tour that the last one was an order, and they even knew the name of the future owner?
If you are saying what I think you are saying... I would be confident in saying that the true "Last" one produced wasn't the final Solstice sold.. rather it was probably a car they had produced days or weeks or even months prior in a color combination/style which wasn't popular, that no dealer showed interest in.. so it just sat in GM product holding lots until one finally did!

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Got it. Last sold, not last made..................

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just curious... do you have any way of finding out how many:

1) Pontiacs are remaining, and

2) Solstices remain?
I do not have data for remaining inventory. The sales data showing zero deliveries is out of Automotive News. Since the data is deliveries and not sales, it can mean a sale to a retail customer, fleet buyer, dealer buying the car into their used fleet, etc.

An autotrader search will show some "new" Solstices, but not many. These may not actually be new either. Months ago, maybe January timeframe if I remember correctly, GM offered a huge incentive for dealers to transfer their Pontiac inventory to their used fleet. Thousands of dollars. Since Pontiac was dead in the restructure, they did not want any official new cars. I suspect a few lingered anyway, which has explained the trickle of deliveries.

Basically, there is probably no way to tell for certain. What is officially new, and what is new but sitting in used inventory is still out there in small numbers, but due to the different classifications there is no good way to quantify it. I doubt any official new ones remain, there should no longer be any official Pontiac dealers since that brand channel is dead. Could a couple have slipped thru the cracks? Sure, but likely they are officially used (although new) cars.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I doubt any official new ones remain, there should no longer be any official Pontiac dealers since that brand channel is dead. Could a couple have slipped thru the cracks? Sure, but likely they are officially used (although new) cars.
I get what you're sayin'. At the beginning of each month, GM does publish how many Pontiacs that were never placed into service before, were purchased by consumers and placed into service for the very first time, (for August, 2010, there were only 7 Pontiacs), but GM doesn't say if any of these are Solstices... like they used to delineate.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When the Union City, GA Saturn dealership closed, its inventory was taken next door to the Chevrolet dealership. I am not sure if they were then sold as new or used, but it would have been their first retail sale regardless.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I still cannot believe GM decided to discontinue the Pontiac line, which has always been an icon in the world of grand cars. I, for one, will sorely miss the great Pontiac. Of course, the Solstice was and remains (in my humble opinion) the essence of perfection and will always shine! I am so glad I bought Celeste (my car's name, not mine) in 2007. I still get the biggest kick from driving her. I love the stares she gets and the compliments I hear from the people who appreciate beautiful cars. As much as I hate that Pontiac is no longer with us, at the same time, I am so very proud to own a super classic! I tip my glass to these beautiful sexy cars!!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I just read that Daewoo has a car that is the same as the Opel GT and the Saturn Sky and the only difference is the name badges. If that is true, where were they made? Does anyone have any info on the Daewoo version of the Kappa??

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I just read that Daewoo has a car that is the same as the Opel GT and the Saturn Sky and the only difference is the name badges. If that is true, where were they made? Does anyone have any info on the Daewoo version of the Kappa??
all the kappas came from the same factory

·
Registered
434 Posts
yes, but that's old news and not sure if they still make it or not.. you can just do a simple Google search and find all available information and just to note, Daewoo's version is an South Korean or Asian only car, I think. In addition, there was also another car that uses the same platform.

Here is the list of cars with the Kappa Platform.

Production vehicles based on the Kappa platform:
* Pontiac Solstice
* Saturn Sky
* Opel GT
* Daewoo G2X (like the Opel GT, it is identical to the Saturn Sky (in other words, only the logo is different), and was built alongside both models as well as the Pontiac Solstice at the Wilmington plant)
* Breckland Beira (this is the UK highend-luxury version that comes with a 6.0-liter, 400HP, LS2 V8 engine that runs on LP or gas and has a $100,000+ price tag.. Also I have a feeling that they went out of business as there is no more news from Breckland since this car and their website expired a couple years ago and was never renewed to this day)

Concept vehicles based on the kappa platform but were not produced:

* Chevrolet Nomad
* Saturn Curve
* Vauxhall VX Lightning

----

Here's the Breckland and Daewoo:

And here are the Chevy, Saturn, & Vauxhall Concepts:

·
Premium Member
10,379 Posts
It was a rebadge Opel GT and it was made at the Wilmington plant.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,426 Posts
The Breckland Biera is a rebodied Opel GT, with an engine transplant. There were only 2 - 3 of them made.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I like that Vauxhall! Imagine that baby in the coupe layout!

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
doesnt work that way...

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Life out nthere

Great! I just saw someone posted a new message. I just joined and would like to find other members and talk.Just bought a 2006 with 5k miles

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tauro Sport Auto, a Spanish sports car manufacturer purchased the last 30 or so Kappa platforms and produced them as Tauro V8 Spiders with corvette engines. We missed that boat too. Gone the way of the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Opel GT, and Daewoo G2X. :(

21 - 40 of 40 Posts