Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay - time to spill the beans. The Solstice is actually not a real production car. It is part of an elaborate study on human nature - specifically the emotional toll generated by the desire/dissapointment delta - carried out by MIT. The plan was to create a desireable object (the suposed Solstice), generate an emotional response (all the hype), then crush those interested by endlessley extending delivery dates (what you are all experiencing now). We then set up a mechanism to measure the emotional stress (this forum), and capture quotes for our research paper (again, this forum) to be published in the fall. You are all mice in our maze... And thank you all for participating.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I hope you put your flame suit on before you decided to make this post. :jester:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Danno said:
Okay - time to spill the beans. The Solstice is actually not a real production car. It is part of an elaborate study on human nature - specifically the emotional toll generated by the desire/dissapointment delta - carried out by MIT. The plan was to create a desireable object (the suposed Solstice), generate an emotional response (all the hype), then crush those interested by endlessley extending delivery dates (what you are all experiencing now). We then set up a mechanism to measure the emotional stress (this forum), and capture quotes for our research paper (again, this forum) to be published in the fall. You are all mice in our maze... And thank you all for participating.
I have it on good authority, This is no joke.

·
5,600 Posts
Danno said:
Okay - time to spill the beans... You are all mice in our maze... And thank you all for participating.
So long. And thanks for all the fish. :lol:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
swatthefly said:
lemme guess:

bob lutz's maid's daughter's boyfriend's mechanic's best friend's goldfish?
Yeah, the fish did one of those bee communication type dances, swimming in circles, then in a straight line across the diameter of the circle while upside down and vibrating back and forth...:jester:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Oh... well..... I guess this will save me alot of money. Unless I have to pay the money to complete the test. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Danno, you need to stop making these retarded posts. The car will come when it comes, geez, let it go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You are taking this - and yourself, I might add - a little too seriously. This is just a crazy little thing we like to call humour.

...and by the way, ain't this one of yours?

"I'm going to speak a little frank here. This BLOWS! Who in their right mind releases a roadster in the Fall?? What the hell!? I know that has been said before but this is god damned rediculios."

Glas houses and stones, my friend. Glass houses and stones.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Danno said:
You are taking this - and yourself, I might add - a little too seriously. This is just a crazy little thing we like to call humour.

...and by the way, ain't this one of yours?

"I'm going to speak a little frank here. This BLOWS! Who in their right mind releases a roadster in the Fall?? What the hell!? I know that has been said before but this is god damned rediculios."

Glas houses and stones, my friend. Glass houses and stones.
Yes, but that wasn't a thread started by me. It was just me blowing off steam. And i'm better now.

I'm suggesting that you should get better... and soon.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I am waiting by the phone for a call that never comes. I think this is true.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Gawd don't be so depressing!
Wow, a bit oversensitive about everything, aren't we??? :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts