Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my check engine light.

I have an 08 pontiac solstice gxp with the gm ecu upgrade.

I had the engine code checked which comes to IAT 1/2 Correlation.

I have replaced the MAF Sensor located on the tube right after the air filter housing and the engine light came back on.

Any Ideas? Am I just not replacing the right sensor?

Thanks

Ryan

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Here's what the service manual says:
Circuit/System Description

The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor is integrated with the mass air flow (MAF) sensor. The IAT sensor is a variable resistor that measures the temperature of the air when it first enters the induction system. This sensor is also used to calculate ambient air temperature. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 volts to the IAT sensor signal circuit and a ground for the low reference circuit.

The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor 2 is integrated with the intake air pressure and temperature sensor. The IAT sensor 2 is a variable resistor that measures the temperature of the air after the turbocharger and the charge air cooler, and before it enters the engine intake manifold. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 volts to the IAT sensor 2 signal circuit and a ground for the low reference circuit.

The purpose of this diagnostic is to analyze the performance of the 2 sensors by comparing them to each other under various operating conditions to determine if they are within an acceptable temperature range of each other.

Diagnostic Aids

• When the engine is cold, at ignition ON, a properly functioning IAT sensor will gradually increase the scan tool IAT Sensor parameter. This is due to the heat that is generated by the MAF sensor heating elements.
• Depending on the ambient temperature, an IAT sensor signal circuit that is shorted to the MAF sensor signal circuit can cause either a rapid fluctuation in the IAT Sensor parameter or cause it to become stuck at a given value.
• An IAT low reference circuit that is open can cause the IAT Sensor parameter response to be sluggish.
• An IAT sensor 2 signal circuit that is shorted to the intake air pressure signal circuit can cause the IAT Sensor 2 parameter response to be sluggish or become stuck at a given value.

Go for it (my comment)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the only 2 sensors I can find on the intake side of things are the 2 that I replaced when I did the ECU tune. I pulled the one on the IC tubing and the O - Ring was all tore up. I replaced it with a different one and we shall see if it comes back on.

Thanks for the guidance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone is following, here is an update. So we are at several days now with no check engine light. Seems the messed up o ring was throwing the code. My average gas millage has dropped a bit, but that might take awhile to build back up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts