Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
The relays are reversible, with one set of diagonal pins for the coil and the other for the contacts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
No good, no change

ECM?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
No click from the relay in either location. See post 43, the readings are the same.

I will go through your check list again tomorrow just in case I missed something or something has changed.

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
Did your Alldata give you anything different for the electrical circuits? Another move would be to check continuity from the ECM plugs to the UFB plug or to the fuses.

This is unfortunately looking more and more like a bad ECM.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Alldatadiy.com was pretty dismissive when I informed them of the issue, and refused to respond when I asked if they could contact thier sources, I even offered to provide my vin to help.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
and refused to respond when I asked if they could contact thier sources, I even offered to provide my vin to help.
I worked for a company that used OE data, it's impossible for them to, on a whim, "contact their sources". It takes weeks if not months usually to get an answer back for a question. It used to take us over a week to get a response from Ford on part number issues (and we were the part catalog for over 75% of their dealers!!). I'm not saying Aldata hasn't contacted them, if they have, you might not get an answer for a week or two...and they won't let you know anything in the mean time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ghost, and that's fine and I understand that, what gets under my skin is attitude. Just say sorry, can't help you as you just very ellaquently put it, that's all. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I finally gave up on Saturday, I thank everyone for their help (especially JohnWR, Ghost, Raygun). I figure either I missed something or it's the ECM. I spent Sat / Sun looking for someone that could bench test it.

Dealer wanted
$100+ to check it but he can't bench test if so I'd have to deliver the car to him, ($50 ish to truck it)
$400+ for a new ECM
Probably 1 hr to install it at $100+.
And that's assuming that it is the ECM and they don't spend a lot of time replacing parts until they find it.

So I was looking at maybe $650 or more if I let the dealer do it.

I finally found a company an hour drive from me that rebuilds all sort of auto electrical and electronics. If they can't find or fix the problem it will still be cheaper than the dealer and they suggest I will have it back by the Friday, the dealer wouldn't even look at it until Thursday or Friday.

So, keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is the part number for that ECM #24239785 for a 2009 NA base?

If so, I found one for $273.00.

I found a place that has hard to find parts for our Solsti.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
BAMA, no but thank you.

E37 12629018

·
Registered
167 Posts
Before giving up on a new ECM, you may want to search alternate part number on the ECM. Its GM #12612397. You will see that this number is the SERV#.

When you search by this part number, you can see lots of choices. GMpartsdirect has it for $223. Rockauto has it for $260. Summit racing is only $184

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
Before giving up on a new ECM, you may want to search alternate part number on the ECM. Its GM #12612397. You will see that this number is the SERV#.

When you search by this part number, you can see lots of choices. GMpartsdirect has it for $223. Rockauto has it for $260. Summit racing is only $184
Those ECMs will have to be taken somewhere, whether a dealer of a well-equipped shop, to be programmed with the vehicle's VIN. That will cost between $50 and $200.

The next step really should be to get a scanner plugged in to it to find out what the problem really is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I'm told that my ECM is dead and a replacement (remanufactured) will cost me $400 so I am shopping!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Summit Racing, new, plug and play, overnight for just over $200. Need to do key relearn.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Summit Racing, new, plug and play, overnight for just over $200. Need to do key relearn.
It'll also have to be flashed with the correct VIN and OS for the car.

I'd call Performance Autowerks. I'm sure Dave can get you the ECM, flashed, for less than the Summit ECM + programming will cost.

If you have a friend with HP Tuners, they can also flash it for you, with the correct VIN, for the cost of two credits. (Around $100 if memory serves.)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Spoke with Summit and gave them my vin, supposedly install and turn the key (after doing the key thing. Going to be really upset if he lied.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Wow - that's unexpected. Good to know!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Just spoke with Summit again and asked specifically if I did need to have it flashed or not and was assured that as far as he knew it is "Plug and Play" as advertised which he described as "disconnect the battery, take it out of the box and install, reconnect the battery, go thru the key learning step start it and drive away with a big smile on my face".

Going to be mighty upset if I have to get towed to the dealer to get the ECM flashed.

We'll see, it will be here tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
Just spoke with Summit again and asked specifically if I did need to have it flashed or not and was assured that as far as he knew it is "Plug and Play" as advertised which he described as "disconnect the battery, take it out of the box and install, reconnect the battery, go thru the key learning step start it and drive away with a big smile on my face".

Going to be mighty upset if I have to get towed to the dealer to get the ECM flashed.

We'll see, it will be here tomorrow or Saturday.
Overall good news, I think. Glad you are about to get it sorted.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts