Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
New ECM did not help! Went through the key relearn and a lot more relay closing than before.

Going to check the starter next, shoot myself if that has been the problem all along.

JOHNWR - Tried the relay in both locations.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Wow. That's unexpected. :(

Are you still getting the U0100 communications error? Is the security lock light on the dash illuminated?

·
Super Moderator
5,953 Posts
New ECM did not help! Went through the key relearn and a lot more relay closing than before.

Going to check the starter next, shoot myself if that has been the problem all along.

JOHNWR - Tried the relay in both locations.
That is disappointing.

Does that relay click? Have you tried swapping it with one you know is operating? I don't remember you mentioning that.

Also what Raygun asked.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Upon closer inspection .... when I turn the key to start it sounds like the starter senaloid is moving toward the flywheel but not spinning.

I"ll look closer later.

And by the way, I noticed that when I turned the key on, the odo was displaying the correct milage. Must be stored somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
5,953 Posts
Upon closer inspection .... when I turn the key to start it sounds like the starter senaloid is moving toward the flywheel but not spinning.

I"ll look closer later.

And by the way, I noticed that when I turned the key on, the odo was displaying the correct milage. Must be stored somewhere else.
The odometer reading is stored in the BCM.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
Yes, still seeing U0100 , CEL and a whole bunch more that I assumed would go away after it starts.

I'm a little concerned about PO602 and P1682

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
That is concerning. Are the codes in the screenshot all that are present? Do they all come back if you clear them?

Also, wild guess: did Summit ask for your VIN? And did you have the P1682 before the new ECM?

Many cars will crank but not start even with a missing or bad ECM. (It’ll turn over, but won’t get spark or fuel.) I can’t confirm that for the Solstice, though.

There are a few YouTube videos on P1682. The Malibu uses the same engine as the NA. I would expect the same diagnostic method to apply to the GXP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
If p1682 is correct...I think your issues are a bit more then a starter. You said the car died.... Did it make any knocking noise first?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
I cleared the codes, waited a few minutes and read them again. See the attached.

Raygun, Summit was given the vin and no, the u0100 code is gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
JohnWR - Key relearn, me. I found the "Pass key III' procedure on line.

Did I miss something else?

·
Super Moderator
5,953 Posts
For a new ECM the 2.4 requires a Crank Relearn. That is the P0315 DTC you have. Probably the P0602 also.

It looks like you need a Tech2 to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
The really weird thing is that P1682 should originate in the ECM.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
You can do the relearn with HPT, if available.

The 602 is still there. Argh.

The fact that the u0100 is gone supports the theory that the ECM was the underlying issue. Crank relearn won’t keep the car from cranking and starting.

The “ECM not programmed” error seems pretty cut and dry. I’d call and raise a... fuss with Summit to start. Unfortunately, there’s no good way to verify that it’s been flashed without the use of HPT or a Tech 2.

Actually: can you see the temp sensor, MAF, etc. output in your scanner?

·
Super Moderator
5,953 Posts
P1682 indicates that the two Ignition1 supplies do not match, which goes back to the relays and fuses, particularly the one that is/was out of place.

An ECM power disconnect when the ignition is on can lead to a P0315 if it erases data.

The root cause of this could be in the UFB. There were cases a while back regarding cracked PCBs in the UFB, but I haven't heard any lately.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
:brentil::cuss::sorry:

EDIT: Guess someone should "change" the codes on the forum that are provided....I found this on the list of OBDII codes. Thus the reason I asked the "unrelated" question earlier....

I also have a set of codes that I found on the web from when I first bought my car...guess they used the same source!! LMAO

I'm showing this as the meaning of code P1682 - Metering Oil Pump Malfunction

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
WE ARE GOOD!

After digesting everything Chost, Raygun and JohnWR discussed and Rayguns latest question about being able to see sensor output on my scanner, I re-read the codes with the relay in position 35 then moved it to 26. Turned the key on and the starter ENGAGED and the motor started!

So the CEL is on but I'm assuming that will go away after I drive it a little.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Thank you all again, much appreciated.

So I guess the answer to the question "is the Summit Racing Plug & Play ECM really plug and play"? Yes it is and at only $185.00, very reasonable.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Awesome! Glad you got it sorted out.

Now that you’re an ECM expert, it’s time for a tune. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Woops, hold on!

So I went out to start putting the fender on, etc and decided to start it just because and guess what, no start. Connected the code reader and saw (see below) played with the relays, read and cleared the codes again and tried to start it and it started. Can codes prevent it from starting?

Decided to let it run for a while to see if that would help, raised the rpm to see if that was what the cam sensors needed, stumbled at 3,000 and will now go any faster than 4,000.

First screenshot, engine running and warm,
Second screenshot, engine running
Third screen-shot, first, the engine would not start, before clearing code.

this seems repeatable. Shut it off, won't restart until I clear the codes and it will start or at least the starter will engage and spin but no start until I read and clear the codes again. still won't rev above 4,000.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 148 Posts